Base Fare $ 45.00
U.S. Transportation Tax $ 18.60
U.S. 9/11 Security Fee $ 5.60
Dominican Rep Tourism Tax $ 10.00
Airport Authority Fee $ 15.00
Airport Infrastructure Fee $ 16.30
U.S. Passenger Facility Chg $ 4.50

Total $ 115.00

Prices are way down now. This is for early next year for someone that works for me.

FLL-PUJ Southwest One Way

R

RDKNIGHT

wow that's insane..........was talking with a friend today was told again how the resorts are only 35% booked for OCT & NOV..

also ripped into a cab driver when he asked me why the gringos and not coming i told him it's because when you see a gringo you triple your price for a ride ....he went nuts and told me he only doubles it......was also at the corner watering hole the place looks like Zombie land.... not good for a saturday even the hooker s are lowering their price It's getting bad ....

W

william webster

Now we're talking ---

the girls are negotiating !!!

D

Dr_Taylor

wow that's insane..........was talking with a friend today was told again how the resorts are only 35% booked for OCT & NOV..

also ripped into a cab driver when he asked me why the gringos and not coming i told him it's because when you see a gringo you triple your price for a ride ....he went nuts and told me he only doubles it......was also at the corner watering hole the place looks like Zombie land.... not good for a saturday even the hooker s are lowering their price It's getting bad ....
I liked your response. I really liked your response. And yes, it must be bad if the girls who cater to the tourists are discounting their services, particularly in light of the currency devaluation.

O

ogunjobi123

Thanks going to be street smart, anytime someone offers something going to say I want the Dominican price and lower it by half.

J

johne

Thanks going to be street smart, anytime someone offers something going to say I want the Dominican price and lower it by half.

This is hysterical. lol. Get your affairs together and notify those close to you as to where to send your belongings.

R

RDKNIGHT

Here is better advice for you anytime you are in the streets and someone say's my friend keeping walking ...and if they speak perfect english 95% of the time they were deport from the usa after they served jail time..........only my opinion and experince livinge here for 10 yrs

C

chico bill

Base Fare $ 45.00
U.S. Transportation Tax $ 18.60
U.S. 9/11 Security Fee $ 5.60
Dominican Rep Tourism Tax $ 10.00
Airport Authority Fee $ 15.00
Airport Infrastructure Fee $ 16.30
U.S. Passenger Facility Chg $ 4.50

Total $ 115.00

Prices are way down now. This is for early next year for someone that works for me.

FLL-PUJ Southwest One Way

And yet still MIA to POP is close to $900.
Heck at those prices it would better to fly FLL - PUJ and hire a private cab to & from the North Coast.
What is the cost of a cab PUJ to Sosua ? Maybe there is a booming market for a 12-seater bus once a day ?

S

SKY

And yet still MIA to POP is close to $900.
Heck at those prices it would better to fly FLL - PUJ and hire a private cab to & from the North Coast.
What is the cost of a cab PUJ to Sosua ? Maybe there is a booming market for a 12-seater bus once a day ?

Time for Derfish to go back in business.

W

william webster

The 12 seat bus isn't a crazy idea...

Given that about 65% of all flights in RD are PUJ...
But it's a long haul..... adding hours to the trip

Might be worth it in some cases....like the UK

F

frank recktenwald

That's not surprising!!
October and November is low season.

C

Cdn_Gringo

Probably won't work unless there is at least two shuttles travelling in both directions each day. Flight arrivals are staggered morning and afternoon. Assuming a six hour drive, that is longer than one driver should be on the road each day which means a driver will need to overnight in the city they last drove to. At least I don't want a driver that has been on the roads in this country for 12 hours driving me. Those arriving in the morning will have a significant delay waiting for an afternoon departure and those who miss the once a day shuttle will need to overnight waiting for the shuttle the next day. Most arriving PUJ will need to return to catch their flight home and the delay and inconvenience repeats itself.

Flights need to be enticed back to POP by ensuring that airlines are charged the same to land at POP or PUJ. Unfortunately, price parity alone probably won't be enough to increase landings at POP as the expat market is just not sufficient on its own to fill airplanes.

I suspect the only viable alternative is a scheduled bus that directly serves the route between PUJ and POP. It would also be nice if there was a more direct highway from PUJ to POP without having to go almost to Santo Domingo before turning north. For the time being, the only option seems to be to pay up about $250 for a private taxi. At least that option leaves when you arrive in PUJ and you don't have to wait around for some other public transportation option. I would never do the public bus option.

Get to the PUJ bus station and wait for the next bus. 3+ hours to Santo Domingo. Transfer to a second bus company. Wait for the next bus. 5+ hours to Puerto Plata. Easily 10+ extra travelling hours twice per vacation/stay. Longer than most direct flights even from far away places such as Europe.

Arriving in PUJ with a final destination in the Puerto Plata area is not a viable casual travel option in my opinion. I've said before that if I can't catch a flight home from POP, I'll have to move to where I can get such a flight. If I do someday have to make such a change, it will be hard not to factor in all of the very real inconveniences of continuing to live here which on a bad day could lead to an entirely unintended decision to relocate home or to another country. It should be of National interest and a priority for the DR Govt. to ensure that all of the major airports continue to service North America and Europe. Expats won't live in and tourists won't come to areas that are too convenient and costly to get to.

L

ljmesg

Nobody flying here = empty flights = similar or higher prices?

You can't win either way.

Tour and vacation bookers are still blacklisting the DR based on all of the fake news.

High season 2019-2020 will be a total bust. It's a nightmare for anybody in tourism.

Just going to have to wait it out.

W

william webster

Factor in the Thos Cook debacle

could be worse - Spain and those countries are devastated by it

W

william webster

It's a disaster in Europe - Greece, Spain and many others relied almost solely on the company for revenue

Thomas Cook's ghost hotels – what will happen to its empty holiday resorts?

As soon as Thomas Cook announced its collapse, planes were grounded, pre-booked holidays were cancelled, and the largest repatriation mission since the Second World War was kicked into motion.

What is less clear is what will become of all the Thomas Cook-owned or affiliated hotels that are still accepting bookings – and the independent resorts that relied so heavily on Thomas Cook customers. These are separate questions. Here's what you need to know.

L

ljmesg

Thomas Cook has blamed a series of issues for its problems, including political unrest in holiday destinations such as Turkey, last summer's prolonged heatwave and customers delaying booking holidays because of Brexit.