Flu shot

N

Neargale

With all the tourists that are hopefully going to descend on the DR this year, I am thinking of getting a flu shot. Where would one get a flu shot in the DR? Pharmacy? what kind of doctor? I am near Puerto Plata.
Thank you

M

MpJuly

With all the tourists that are hopefully going to descend on the DR this year, I am thinking of getting a flu shot. Where would one get a flu shot in the DR? Pharmacy? what kind of doctor? I am near Puerto Plata.
Thank you

They do it for free at Centro Publico, near fire station, sure for the case of pregnant women your case I don't now

W

william webster

Go to CMC in Sosua... you may need to pay ...but it won't be much

B

banzai

There are different strength doses of the flu shot, the very young to over 65. Make double sure you get the correct one.

L

lifeisgreat

And hope they guessed and have the right strain to give you...its crap shot the right strain was picked for yr!

U

Uzin

Flu jabs are very region specific and must be recent and not from last year. I can imagine all sorts of tricks can be played in DR with something like that. So I recommend checking the bottle carefully, read what it says on the box and on the bottle inside before they inject it - check the date at the minimum to know it was prepared for this year (I think new editions come out around August, but for different regions may be different).

N

Neargale

They do it for free at Centro Publico, near fire station, sure for the case of pregnant women your case I don't now

As a foreigner they will probably charge me but it wont be much

N

Neargale

you guys are scaring me... falsificado, from last year, who knows what else they could be injecting...hummm...maybe having the flu is not so bad after all but my GP always made me get a shot - before I moved here.

U

Uzin

you guys are scaring me... falsificado, from last year, who knows what else they could be injecting...hummm...maybe having the flu is not so bad after all but my GP always made me get a shot - before I moved here.

Don't be scared, just check things yourself carefully. Even if from last year or different region, it has no ill effect really. It is just perhaps not efficient or can not prevent recent strains that are more common here, but no harm.

I get it every year in UK, even though I am not there most of the time and travel to far away regions a lot, still, I pay for it and have it every year....

W

william webster

All of which is why you go to the Gringo hospital - as I suggested

C

chico bill

just keep in mind there are plenty of cases of Guillain-Barre after people got a flu shot (6,000 case per year).

My mother died at 100 a week after getting her flu shot. I advised her to stop getting her annual shot because her immune system was so weak. Of course flu could have been bad too, but I am convinced that shot let to her death.

I have never had a flu shot. Yeas I have had the flu and it sucks too.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/guillainbarre.htm

https://www.corywatson.com/cases-we-handle/vaccine-injury-lawyer/

C

chico bill

sorry if am a bit curt w/ you

you can see why - I hope - clearly posted

One time I will have to disagree with you William (typically I agree). But going to CMC is probably worse that getting it done at the Chinese variety store on PC.
I know too many people now with bad, almost life threatening, results from having gone to CMC.
Pay a few pesos extra in gas and go to Puerto Plata, and probably will be home faster that going to CMC and waiting....and waiting....

W

william webster

I have really good care there

I get my Melanoma scans.... intestinal stuff too

I write... make the appointment and scoot thru VIP like....

Colonoscopy & endoscopy... lots of things

I arrange it in advance... they approve my insurance and I slide thru

Yes - some haven't had much success (I hear)
Me --- just fine

I have never had a life threatening situation there... just routine care

Can't think of anything more routine than a flu shot !!!

Each to his own !!