Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    And the paving stopped before Cabarete...
    Remeber that the sign from Danilo/MOPC always stated:
    Reconstrucción carretera Playa Dorada - Sosua and not to Cabarete... (I think there is still one to see close to CMC coming from Cabarete).
    Yes I know that Cabarete belongs to Sosua but....

I hope MOPC shows some responsibility and fixes the road (and gets rid of the policias acostados... Our chance is that the elections are coming up so....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by habi View Post
    Remeber that the sign from Danilo/MOPC always stated:
    Reconstrucción carretera Playa Dorada - Sosua and not to Cabarete... (I think there is still one to see close to CMC coming from Cabarete).
    Yes I know that Cabarete belongs to Sosua but....

I hope MOPC shows some responsibility and fixes the road (and gets rid of the policias acostados... Our chance is that the elections are coming up so....
    And the promise previously was all the way through Cabarete and much further east, but I never expect any promise to be kept.

As for filling the potholes, they cannot even do that.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etolw View Post
    One month later, potholes emerging between Los Charamicos-El Batey

But the «policía acostado» still remains watching the misery
    Yes, I passed there yesterday, and next to the first "policia" coming from Los Charamicos it's disintegrating badly, worse than the holes shown in the photo.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I went through there today and stopped to take a look and it looks like an entire load of asphalt was bad or there has been a spill . Its about a hundred feet or so right past the speed bump. Im leaning to a fuel spill. The rest or the paving is ok except for spots not swept properly preventing the 2 layers of pavement from adhereing

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monfongo View Post
    I was talking about the mountain rd. being finished, don't know anything about the rd. in Sosua.
    .. sorry about being late on this...was on that mountain road in august, it was finished and wonderful..not sure about now..

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rogerjac View Post
    I went through there today and stopped to take a look and it looks like an entire load of asphalt was bad or there has been a spill . Its about a hundred feet or so right past the speed bump. Im leaning to a fuel spill. The rest or the paving is ok except for spots not swept properly preventing the 2 layers of pavement from adhereing
    It may have been some fuel spill but I think it's from trucks wheel hoping and also spilling gravel which is being ground into the asphalt and grinding it away. It won't be long until they have to cut and remove the entire road.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

They are at it today, planning out sections in front of the gas station. It wasn't that bad through there so maybe they are also doing some of the other parts in worst condition.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Miracles are happening in election years!
    They actually working on repaving the road! Big traffic jam but...
    And guess what? They put the policia acostado back they removed before....

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it great how the politicos take credit for major projects like this. I saw that Iliana made a video of the newly paved roads in Sosua to bolster her re-election campaign.

I wonder if she is still happy to endorse all her hard work after the road surface lasted all of three weeks.

Now the road between Sosua and Cabarete is deteriorating fast due the rains. Was there ever a plan to redo that road? And perhaps widen the stretch around Costa Azul that has been the cause of quite a few horrible deaths.

Who gets the credit for fixing roads BETWEEN towns? Not the mayor. So that's why it probably won't be fixed for election time.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The original announcements were for paving from Puerto Plata to Rio San Juan.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast