Sosua Rte#5 paving update

A

Abuela

Yesterday it took 45 mins to get from Pola to the airport. What is today's update?

B

beeza

A friggin nightmare. The so called "professional" drivers screwing it up for everyone else. Their level of ignorance and arrogance is astonishing. Whilst most civilised people wait patiently in single file, the taxi and guagua drivers overtake, undertake and cut in wherever they want. They make one lane into four which causes complete gridlock in both directions.

I really wish there was something the authorities could do to quell their impunity. They really are above the law.

B

BermudaRum

Sat one hour in front of Terra Mar a few weeks ago, watched the same circus beeza writes about. However not only locals as plenty of expats doing the same, they learn fast. 13 years nothing changes, just the size of the cars, and 100's additional motos.

Z

zoomzx11

A friggin nightmare. The so called "professional" drivers screwing it up for everyone else. Their level of ignorance and arrogance is astonishing. Whilst most civilised people wait patiently in single file, the taxi and guagua drivers overtake, undertake and cut in wherever they want. They make one lane into four which causes complete gridlock in both directions.

I really wish there was something the authorities could do to quell their impunity. They really are above the law.

Everybody hates it. Driving on the right, whatever and it makes a bad situation worse.
I sit there in my lane and refuse to be part of the problem.
Nothing to do but bring a book or read the phone.

C

cavok

I was at Super Pola and Playero today around 3:30pm. Didn't go west of Playero. No problems.

T

Tom0910

The good news is that the nightmare (somewhat) will be over soon,they are all the way up to the police station now.

C

chico bill

The good news is that the nightmare (somewhat) will be over soon,they are all the way up to the police station now.

Yes except they are doing such a poor job that it will not be long until it needs repaving. It would have been better leaving it alone, and I hate potholes, but they are reappearing already as a seam is opening up just West of the Cangrejo Bridge (likely cold asphalt and no tack coat), but along the Sousa Beach and in Charamicos expect that to be lifting in 3 months. At least we have lots of new wavy curb along the beach and who knows maybe sometime in the distant future a sidewalk ?

B

badpiece33

Everybody hates it. Driving on the right, whatever and it makes a bad situation worse.
I sit there in my lane and refuse to be part of the problem.
Nothing to do but bring a book or read the phone.

I brought a grande presidente light for the ride to aiport yesterday, to drop a friend off.

W

william webster

Sat one hour in front of Terra Mar a few weeks ago, watched the same circus beeza writes about. However not only locals as plenty of expats doing the same, they learn fast. 13 years nothing changes, just the size of the cars, and 100's additional motos.

hahaha

I do it.. I join the fray....

and my wife --- who is NOT menopausal.... gets out of the car
and SHOUTS at them

Then directs traffic to get us thru

Surprisingly - they listen to/obey her

W

windeguy

From Sosua News on the paving - Asphalting the road finally started again

11 October 2019
Asphalting the road finally started again
For several days, work on the road from Charamicos to El Batey has resumed.
Asphalting the road finally started again

The machine that pours the asphalt over the street has been restored. Work on the asphalting is now being carried out in full force. Trucks with asphalt drive on and off to provide the machine with new asphalt. Dozens of workmen with shovels and large brooms are working to get the road surface nice and even. Finally, a roller makes it compact. The work is going quite fast, one lane on the road is already ready and the other side will follow soon. It seems that the entire road will be provided with new asphalt this week. So that the nuisance caused by pits and slots and dust clouds are a thing of the past.

https://www.sosuanews.com/index.php

W

windeguy

I love the style of the Sosua News reporting. Such optimism along with failing to remark on how poor a job is actually being done.

W

william webster

Cabarete to Playero is before the 'work zone' as I read this -- Right ?

C

Cdn_Gringo

As of last night no new pavement at Playero yet. Coming into Sosua from the east to approximately the beach still rutted, dusty and prone to traffic delays.

W

windeguy

So the paving is done all the way from Sosua Abajo up until just after the beach area (up to Playero)?

E

Ecoman1949

Playa Dorada to Sosua Texaco yesterday morning took about 35 minutes. No delays on the way back an hour later. Returned to Sosua around 6PM, no delays and same on the way back a half an hour later. Once the paving clears the Texaco intersection area it should get better. Minor delays near cruise terminal past Maimon and the road from Luperon to the Monti Christi has some bone jarring areas. My rental earned it’s money yesterday. A great day just the same.

C

cavok

I was there late yesterday afternoon and about 2/3 of the street on the north side was paved east past Playero to about the Texaco station. No work was in progress at the time.

W

windeguy

I can't wait until they get into Cabarete center. What fun that will be.