Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sosua Rte#5 paving update

Yesterday it took 45 mins to get from Pola to the airport. What is today's update?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

A friggin nightmare. The so called "professional" drivers screwing it up for everyone else. Their level of ignorance and arrogance is astonishing. Whilst most civilised people wait patiently in single file, the taxi and guagua drivers overtake, undertake and cut in wherever they want. They make one lane into four which causes complete gridlock in both directions.

I really wish there was something the authorities could do to quell their impunity. They really are above the law.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sat one hour in front of Terra Mar a few weeks ago, watched the same circus beeza writes about. However not only locals as plenty of expats doing the same, they learn fast. 13 years nothing changes, just the size of the cars, and 100's additional motos.

4. Likes thompstr liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    A friggin nightmare. The so called "professional" drivers screwing it up for everyone else. Their level of ignorance and arrogance is astonishing. Whilst most civilised people wait patiently in single file, the taxi and guagua drivers overtake, undertake and cut in wherever they want. They make one lane into four which causes complete gridlock in both directions.

I really wish there was something the authorities could do to quell their impunity. They really are above the law.
    Everybody hates it. Driving on the right, whatever and it makes a bad situation worse.
    I sit there in my lane and refuse to be part of the problem.
    Nothing to do but bring a book or read the phone.

6. Likes Sosua Sonny liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I was at Super Pola and Playero today around 3:30pm. Didn't go west of Playero. No problems.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The good news is that the nightmare (somewhat) will be over soon,they are all the way up to the police station now.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom0910 View Post
    The good news is that the nightmare (somewhat) will be over soon,they are all the way up to the police station now.
    Yes except they are doing such a poor job that it will not be long until it needs repaving. It would have been better leaving it alone, and I hate potholes, but they are reappearing already as a seam is opening up just West of the Cangrejo Bridge (likely cold asphalt and no tack coat), but along the Sousa Beach and in Charamicos expect that to be lifting in 3 months. At least we have lots of new wavy curb along the beach and who knows maybe sometime in the distant future a sidewalk ?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzx11 View Post
    Everybody hates it. Driving on the right, whatever and it makes a bad situation worse.
    I sit there in my lane and refuse to be part of the problem.
    Nothing to do but bring a book or read the phone.
    I brought a grande presidente light for the ride to aiport yesterday, to drop a friend off.

11. Likes ohmmmm, zoomzx11 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BermudaRum View Post
    Sat one hour in front of Terra Mar a few weeks ago, watched the same circus beeza writes about. However not only locals as plenty of expats doing the same, they learn fast. 13 years nothing changes, just the size of the cars, and 100's additional motos.
    hahaha

I do it.. I join the fray....

and my wife --- who is NOT menopausal.... gets out of the car
    and SHOUTS at them

Then directs traffic to get us thru

Surprisingly - they listen to/obey her

13. Likes Sosua Sonny, snowqueen liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

badpiece..... consider a Jumbo

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast