looking for metal fan blades

J

jfk-tampa

have a couple of tdk/kdk 3 blade fans and of course on beach they rust. looking for replacements . any idea where I can buy some . live in cabarete
thanks for all your help

W

windeguy

Try all of the hardware stores, Freddy, Linares, Pappaterra, etc. They go in and out of stock.

R

RDKNIGHT

just buy new fans...... next week the motors will not work....... replace the whole fan ........ cost of business............... that's something my great grandpa would do than after a week the motors not working and he is MF everyone... and my grandma is calling he a jack ^^^

W

windeguy

I have KDK fans that were installed when my house was built over 20 years ago that are still running just fine. I replace the blades. And I only recommend KDK fans in the DR>

B

beeza

I'm starting to understand the concept of built-in obsolescence. If KDK make such great motors, why don't they make the blades to last? True, the KDKs really do move the air but as the blades rust, they get noisier as they move through the air. Why don't they make plastic blades?

I suspect it's like buying a printer. You buy a $50 printer, but the cartridges are $30 a pop! If KDK made plastic blades their products would last 20 plus years and they would go out of business!

I've recently replaced all my KDK fans with these which I had shipped in. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-De...ght-Kit-and-Remote-Control-SW1422WH/301231211
Plastic blades, LED dimmable light and a remote. I like them, so far......

Z

zoomzx11

Then they won't "fly" in our house.

Me too.
Those KDK fans blow like hell and I live with the noise to get the breeze.
Wife did have one installed on a low bedroom ceiling.
I nearly put my fingers in it taking off a shirt.
They go so fast and with that sharp metal edge they can be dangerous.
Anyone ever put a finger in one on high speed?

There must be a way to coat the new blades so they will not corrode.

W

windeguy

I have thought of getting something like the plastic material used for car door edge guards to apply to the leading edge of the fan blades. It is the leading edge where the paint breaks down over time causing rust to creep in under the paint. Even this might help and hardly be visible: