Is CBD Oil Legal in DR?

S

Sosua Sonny

Why would someone do this? Sounds like the work of the devil…

J

jeanchris

CBD Oil

Has anyone ever tried to order CBD oil online and ship it to miami and get it here trough a courier ?

Lets say at aduanas they dont like it (if they even know what it is...) will they just take it and not ship me my package or it could be risky for me after?

C

chico bill

You can ship it. I've carried it in my carry-on luggage, no issue

C

Cdn_Gringo

Since the DR Govt insists on using pdf files to publish the law on their websites, it is incredibly difficult and time consuming to search for relevant info. The last time I did was for a similar thread on this topic awhile back. At that time, I could not locate a specific law dealing with CBD oil and similar augmented products. It's possible I missed it if there is one.

In the absence of something stating this product is "legal" the determination may rest with the interpretation of the law(s) pertaining to Cannabis and derivative products made from Cannabis. I'm not sure the Govt here has gotten around to making a distinction between products that contain THC above a specific level and products below that level. If there is an administrative policy pertaining to CBD, I'll never be able to find it scouring the website for Aduanas.

As always, one must remember this Country is often decades behind more progressive countries in many aspects pertaining to the law and societal doctrine in general. The law here is a patchwork of conflicting edicts that are extremely difficult to interpret if one is not a native Spanish speaker. Consistent enforcement in this country is like the wind - one day it may be nonexistent and the next howling at gale force. If a legal opinion is needed, best to ask three lawyers and average what they say. If this country has a legal preoccupation, it's drugs and guns. Finding yourself in the crosshairs of an agency such as DNCD or Aduanas even if such attention is unfounded will most likely not be a pleasant experience.

Based on legitimate legal advice, you will need to determine if the the benefits of these products outweigh any potential risks of possessing and using them in the DR. Also the last time I checked, exporting these products outside of the US was not permitted. Not sure if by US Govt prohibition or a self imposed retailer shipping policy. If the former, then possibly possessing these products while travelling to the DR (or any country) might run you afoul of US Customs even if the product was legally purchased and will most likely be allowed entry here by design or apathy.

Not a subject with a clearly presentable answer.

Reactions: Auryn
C

Cdn_Gringo

I quickly set my destination country to the DR on Amazon and clicked on the first three products returned by a search for CBD oil. All three resulted in the following:

"Currently, there are no sellers that can deliver this item to your location."

Getting the stuff to Miami from Amazon seems be easy. What a particular courier service to the DR would do with it at that point is not clear and that answer would not necessarily clarify the position of the authorities here in regards to this type of product being permissible or not.

From what I read, it is not universally permissible to transport this product across state lines or to export it out of the US.

More info that might be of benefit:

https://landmarkglobal.com/trends-i...nt-that-restricts-imports-exports-of-cbd-oil/

However, a complicated overall legal environment means that, in general, most businesses cannot import or export CBD oil.

... consider the many laws that affect it, and review how it can and can't be sold and transported inside the U.S. and across its national borders.

Harvard Medical School said that while CBD is technically in the same drug classification as cannabis – Category I, the most restricted – it's a low priority for enforcement. For these reasons, CBD is widely accessible. That's true even though retailers may be technically breaking the law when selling it, especially in e-commerce situations where they ship products across state lines. This is a case of interstate commerce where the federal government can become involved.

U

USA DOC

...sounds like a winner...mix with a good water based lube....

E

Ecoman1949

Many people find CBD oil to be of some benefit. I have no idea if it is a real effect or a placebo effect.
I know of an "expert" in Cabarete on this topic. You can contact him:

https://www.facebook.com/aaron.herlocker

I used gummy bears with CBD oil to relieve my carpal tunnel pain until I was able to get the surgical procedure done. They worked. My right wrist and upper arm was on fire all night long and they allowed me to get a good nights sleep. My doctors gave me a prescription for a topical cream made of an opioid and inflammation ingredient. Wasn’t comfortable using it. Was comfortable using the CBD laced gummy bears. Ordered them on line in Canada. Can buy them locally now since weed has been legalized in Canada.

C

chico bill

Many people find CBD oil to be of some benefit. I have no idea if it is a real effect or a placebo effect.
I know of an "expert" in Cabarete on this topic. You can contact him:

https://www.facebook.com/aaron.herlocker

well I can tell you Green Roads Soothe Syrup"Natural Sleep Remedy" (mango flavor best) is no placebo. Take a spoonful 20 minutes before bed with a cuppa tea and you will sleep like a baby with fantastic dreams too.............

C

Cdn_Gringo

Ouch, $30 for four doses. Cheaper to buy weed and bake a brownie. :)

J

jeanchris

You can ship it. I've carried it in my carry-on luggage, no issue
It's definitely not an issue in a carry on but shipping it might be different.

I have ordered a few time products that are not "legal" to ship in Canada or some states in USA here in DR and never had any issue, like modafinil for example.

Last edited:
J

jeanchris

good luck pal..... its against the law here.... i wouldnt do it.....
Actually, like cdn gringo mentioned, nothing is saying on paper that it's illegal so I disagreed.

Marijuana is illegal, nothing is saying that CBD oil is legal or not, but i still get your point, otherwise i wouldn't be asking :)

J

jeanchris

Thing is im wondering what could be consequences?

If they get it at aduanas and its not legal to get trough they will simply throw it away no? Can they really go after X person if it's not legal? I don't see what they can do legally if they intercept this package and they don't accept it.

Otherwise it would be very easy to incriminate somebody randomly.