Bringing dog to USA

B

Bev9443

Good evening,

I just returned from the beautiful Dominican Republic, after visiting my in-laws. I joined this community in search of information and guidance. My cousin-in-laws are giving me their dog, who I totally adore. Problem is, I live in Maryland and they live in San Francisco de Macoris.

Can anyone advise on the following issues:
-Where might I find a mobile groomer?
-Or, is there a vet that could conduct his check-up, vaccinate him, and provide grooming services in that area?
-Anyone familiar with the process for importing a dog to the US?

I am sorry for the many questions, but I am looking for guidance, if possible.

Thank you,

Beverley

L

ljmesg

Good evening,

I just returned from the beautiful Dominican Republic, after visiting my in-laws. I joined this community in search of information and guidance. My cousin-in-laws are giving me their dog, who I totally adore. Problem is, I live in Maryland and they live in San Francisco de Macoris.

Can anyone advise on the following issues:
-Where might I find a mobile groomer?
-Or, is there a vet that could conduct his check-up, vaccinate him, and provide grooming services in that area?
-Anyone familiar with the process for importing a dog to the US?

I am sorry for the many questions, but I am looking for guidance, if possible.

Thank you,

Beverley
A mobile groomer[emoji1787]

Apologies, I couldn't resist.

Find any good vet and they will provide the necessary testing and health cert to exit an animal.

Entrance into the US is another thread.

A

AlterEgo

Bev, I moved your question to a new thread.

We brought our dog from DR to NJ, but that was 5 years ago. Things may have changed. Our Dominican vet filled out the paperwork and made sure all shots were up to date. We had to pay 400 pesos at the airport, that amount may have changed. We had a reservation with the airline, because only 4 animals were allowed on a plane. Because she was under 20 pounds, we were permitted to have her in a carrier under the seat, I think the cost was $125. If the dog is bigger/heavier than that, you need an airline approved crate and it goes in cargo, a lot more expensive. Upon arrival in US, we had to go through special customs area with the dog and all her paperwork.

U

USA DOC

...Have you thought about bringing a needy small Dominican child to the USA?...…..