Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't imagine how cheap they are in. Good Will store. I bought a all leather one that would go in overhead sideways, but since I don't pay luggage doesn't matter for 5 bux.
    Speaking of luggage: how carefully are a set of clubs checked?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slowmo View Post
    I have been searched on my return to Canada about 10 out of the last 20 trips. The best part is that I give away most of the stuff when in the DR, so there is very little to search.

Have been tempted to return some time with nothing but not sure if the authorities would see the humour in that.
    ...came back from Santiago, with only a carry on..only thing inside was my shaving kit...at customs they looked inside and asked me where I came from...I told them the DR, he just nodded and said go ahead...……...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    I found two large ones on CraigsList and made sure one fits inside the other to make the return trip easier. The biggest is an old hard sided Samsonite. I take them back empty. I don't pay for checked bags so no big deal returning with them.
    no point for me to spend 30 bucks on each one as checked luggage. even empty you pay. I usually only pay about 10 each for used ones

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rogerjac View Post
    no point for me to spend 30 bucks on each one as checked luggage. even empty you pay. I usually only pay about 10 each for used ones
    Ah, the good old days, when we flew down with our two kids, and the airlines gave us 2 suitcases each. Eight giant suitcases, 4 carry ons, 4 personal items, we needed a pickup truck to get home from the airport. We used to buy big old used ones as extras, and leave them behind. Nowadays, we travel with just two carryons and two personal items, everything else goes down in boxes/drums. Cheaper and easier.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

flying out POP, I had gotten a humidor with 200 cigars in it, packed it in a extra suitcase that I had so it would not get destroyed, got called to customs for bag check, when I get there.. 4 guys customs and police make me open it, they were concerned with the Boveda Humidity Control Packs and not really the cigars, asked if I like to smoke cigars, and what was in the 4 packs and then if they could have a couple of cigars... nope sorry there a gift. zipped it up and on my way

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dinosinc View Post
    flying out POP, I had gotten a humidor with 200 cigars in it, packed it in a extra suitcase that I had so it would not get destroyed, got called to customs for bag check, when I get there.. 4 guys customs and police make me open it, they were concerned with the Boveda Humidity Control Packs and not really the cigars, asked if I like to smoke cigars, and what was in the 4 packs and then if they could have a couple of cigars... nope sorry there a gift. zipped it up and on my way
    I thought you could only bring in 50...to the states. Where did you fly to?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ljmesg View Post
    100 cigars or $800US value, whichever comes first. You can bring more but have to declare them.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ljmesg View Post
    Canada just have to report them there was 4 of us so we were covered.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678