What did you have for breakfast this morning?

J

JDJones

It's that time again to tell the world what you had for breakfast this beautiful morning!

I had my usual Sunday fare... Steak and eggs with grits, Thompson original English muffins with Lurpak garlic butter, fresh orange juice and black coffee.

I'm sad though because today was the end of my Thompson English muffins.

The last time Jumbo had them, I bought all they had (Like I do with so many items) and they haven't restocked since then. Rather than restock them, they are now stocking some Gluten-free ones that are worthless.

If you know where in SD I can get the real McCoy, let me know.

So, what did you have for Breakfast?

S

SKY

I take at least 5 packages of Thomas English Muffins in at least twice a year. They last a long time frozen. The other brands they sell here are garbage.

M

malko

A couple of guineo, a pot of sugary coffee and a couple of cigarettes !!!!!

Nothing hard to find in the dr !!!! ;)

C

caribmike

Chia and Quinoa with Greek Yogurt, 3 hard boiled eggs, black coffee, whey protein shake.

M

Matilda

It's that time again to tell the world what you had for breakfast this beautiful morning!

I had my usual Sunday fare... Steak and eggs with grits, Thompson original English muffins with Lurpak garlic butter, fresh orange juice and black coffee.

The last time Jumbo had them, I bought all they had (Like I do with so many items) and they haven't restocked since then. Rather than restock them, they are now stocking some Gluten-free ones that are worthless.

Easy to make and better than bought https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/6947/english-muffins/

Matilda

Z

zoomzx11

One cup of 5 minute oatmeal (porridge to some of you), banana sliced in topped with a little skim milk.
Two coffees no sugar with half and half cream (could not find it in DR).
Most days fresh cantalope but a nuisance to ripen and top off with one vitamin B complex pill.
Same as everyday.
I discovered that the oatmeal companies include the oatmeal dust that is created in the grinding process.
I use a screen style strainer and running water to remove the dust. Surprising how much there is.
No need for the company to let good dust go to waste when it can be sold as oatmeal.

C

Celt202

Coffee with whole milk and azucar crema early. A few hours later Avena integral boiled in water served with whole milk, cinnamon and honey, sliced banana and mango Keith, one egg over light with diced tomatoes, soy sauce, ketchup and hot sauce in French bread. Cold water.

I've been drinking CAASD tap water for three months now and I'm still standing.

F

flyinroom

A banana (not too ripe) and one of these easy to make Oatmeal cakes along with two cups of tea.

EASY OATMEAL COOKIES

+1 cup raisins...................................1/2cup raisins
+1/2 cup hot water............................1/4cup hot water
+2 cups all-purpose flour....................1 cup flour
+1 teaspoon baking soda....................1/2 tsp baking soda
+1 teaspoon salt................................1/2 tsp salt
+1 teaspoon cinnamon.......................1/2 tsp cinnamon

+1 teaspoon nutmeg......................... 1/2 tsp nutmeg
+1 pinch clove and 1 pinch allspice...... Pinch of clove and pinch of allspice
+2 cups quick cooking oats..................1 cup oats
+1 cup packed brown sugar.................1/2 cup brown sugar
+1/2 cup chopped walnuts ..................1/4 cup chopped walnuts

+2 eggs...............................................1 egg
+3/4 cup vegetable oil..........................3/8 cup veg oil
+1 teaspoon vanilla extract...................1/2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Soak raisins in hot water and set aside.

In large bowl, sift flour with soda, salt and spices. Blend in rolled oats, sugar and nuts. In a separate bowl, beat eggs with fork and add oil, vanilla, and raisins and water mixture. Pour into dry ingredients, stirring until well mixed. Drop by teaspoonfuls about two inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 10 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges are golden.

The column on the right is the recipe cut in half.
Full recipe yield 20/24 cakes.
Half recipe " " 10/12 " "

I use less sugar and I make them larger than called for ( over a heaping tablespoon) to get that cake like texture.

Due to size difference will need more like 14/17 minutes to bake.

Throw them in the freezer and voila instant breakfast.

Delish...
Now what's for lunch?

C

cavok

Two coffees no sugar with half and half cream (could not find it in DR).

Rica Crema de Lecha is very similar to "half and half". It just has a higher cream/fat content - more like 2/3rds, 1/3rd.

D

Derfish

Three eggs fried and a hunk of bread. Sobrino hot chocolate on the side along with my 7 pills and a shot of insulina.

M

Matilda

Me: black coffee 3 sugars and 2 marlboro lights.
Chickens: corn entero, mixed with ponedora (egg laying stuff) and maiz picado (ground corn).
Cat: friskies with pica pica sin pica (non spicy sardines)
Dogs: Bread and yoghurt.
Husband: Coffee with milk and 2 bread rolls.
Guest: muesli with yoghurt and papaya.

Matilda

L

ljmesg

All the heavy creams, the red boxes are my favorite for coffee but they turn into butter in my refrigerator.

The whole milk or 2% here is just lacking the oomph needed.

I do have a source for local milk but it goes bad in 3 days or less. It is very good.

I don't use powdered creams.

M

Matilda

This looks great, but way too much for 1 guy. Can I cut the recipe in half, or will that screw things up (maybe yeast wise)

I'm not too savvy on making stuff with yeast in it.

You can buy dried yeast in all the supermarkets. Secret is to make sure water hot, but not too hot to the touch. If you can put your finger in it and is hot but not burning then is fine. Sure can make half, but dough freezes well as well, so you could put half in freezer, then take it out and it carries on rising as defrosts.

Matilda

J

JDJones

You can buy dried yeast in all the supermarkets. Secret is to make sure water hot, but not too hot to the touch. If you can put your finger in it and is hot but not burning then is fine. Sure can make half, but dough freezes well as well, so you could put half in freezer, then take it out and it carries on rising as defrosts.

Matilda

I guess I can make a full batch, freeze them, and eat em' little by little.

If it works for the ones I buy in the supermarket, it should work for the homemade ones too.

Thanks Matilda!