Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    DR1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default AT&T Go Phone, will it work?

    Daughter gave me a brand new AT&T Go Phone to take to DR. Any reason it can’t be used there? I presume it can be unlocked? In the back of my mind, I thought I remembered some issue.

    Administrator
    DR1.com

  2. #2
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    996
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i had one, they couldn't unlock it here.

  3. #3
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    5,809
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Search the frequencies on GSM Arena for the model of your phone and check the carriers frequencies. If it is carrier unloacked it should be no issue.

    Claro
    GSM UMTS LTE
    850 B5 (850) B4 (1700/2100 AWS 1)
    1900 PCS

    Orange
    GSM UMTS LTE
    900
    1800 DCS B8 (900) B3 (1800+)
    1900 PCS

    Viva
    GSM UMTS LTE
    900 / 1800 B8 (900) Band 4 1700/2100, B13 (700) ?

  4. Likes cobraboy liked this post
  5. #4
    Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,852
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If they cannot unlock it the frequency's mean zero.

  6. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22,476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    have AT&T unlock it....

  7. #6
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,915
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Daughter gave me a brand new AT&T Go Phone to take to DR. Any reason it can’t be used there? I presume it can be unlocked? In the back of my mind, I thought I remembered some issue.
    What phone ? Any phone's security can be unlocked here in the dr.
    I've had samsung s8's unlocked and factory reset ( impossible, if you listen to samsung and google w/o the original google account and/or the actual biometrics ).
    So up until that generation of phones you are good to go. No idea on the s9 and 10's though.

  8. #7
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,588
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    had a boost phone that they were unable to unlock here. It's now my son's youtube phone

  9. #8
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    4,678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    What phone ? Any phone's security can be unlocked here in the dr.
    I've had samsung s8's unlocked and factory reset ( impossible, if you listen to samsung and google w/o the original google account and/or the actual biometrics ).
    So up until that generation of phones you are good to go. No idea on the s9 and 10's though.
    I had a phone I bought in Panama. Two different places were unable to unlock it. A friend sent me to a third place and he did fine in 20 minutes.

  10. #9
    DR1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    What phone ? Any phone's security can be unlocked here in the dr.
    I've had samsung s8's unlocked and factory reset ( impossible, if you listen to samsung and google w/o the original google account and/or the actual biometrics ).
    So up until that generation of phones you are good to go. No idea on the s9 and 10's though.
    It’s a ZTE Maven 2. I know less than nothing about it, would like to bring it for our caretaker if it can be used there. Brand new, carrier gave it to her when she added a line for her son, but he had an iPhone, so this was never used.

    Administrator
    DR1.com

  11. #10
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,588
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    It’s a ZTE Maven 2. I know less than nothing about it, would like to bring it for our caretaker if it can be used
    carrier gave it to her when she added a line for her son, but he had an iPhone, so this was never used.
    freq. ck an compatibility change carrier to claro if needed
    https://www.frequencycheck.com/carri...&commit=Search there. Brand new,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •