Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Already Started

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Already Started

It appears the high season has already started in Puerto Plata and surrounding tourist areas. And December hasn't even started!!
    Why?
    The cases involving foreign women and men getting intimately involved with locals of the opposite sex have already shown significant increases.
    How long does it take to get married?
    How can I get a visa for my novia/novio (girlfriend, boyfriend)?
    If I get pregnant here is the child a citizen of my country?
    All my money, passport and credit cards were stolen, what do I do now?
    My new boyfriend, girlfriend cleaned out my ATM - now what?
    I bought a car but my new 'friend' said it would be easier to put it in his/her name and now he/she is gone, how do I get the car back and the money?
    We rented an apartment for just us, and now his/her family has moved in and I'm paying for it all - is this normal?
    But he/she really is different, and I know, I've been around !
    I only had a couple of drinks but then.......

Wishing you all a nice visit and a safe return home.

2. Likes JDJones, ogunjobi123 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Made me giggle. Great post. It is the truth.

4. Likes Bronxboy, ogunjobi123 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

NICE one tflea - Oh how true & I bet very few of them visited DR1 before coming down here!!

Have you got any stats to show hat % increase/dcrease there is in tourists coming in 'this busy period'? Hotels are suggesting a real low occupancy rate from what I hear!

The OTHER way you can tell it is high season is when the Playa Dorada golf course rates go up ........ EVEN FOR RESIDENTS!!

Oh .............. roll on end of high season!!! ~ Grahame.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Banco Central

Publishes passenger stats for all the airports. I don't have the site at hand. Last time I checked it said POP has been up about 4% year to date over '07.
    The $10 increase at the golf course is......p***ing me off as well, but I guess they've gotta make a buck while they can.

.............. ?
    Post Thanks / Like

High season has not truly hit yet. Normally it kicks in around the 15th to 20th of December and then rolls on thru to April / Easter ............

We are very very slow even for a shoulder season this year. Huge layoffs that are longer then normal and effect more individuals then normal. It is having a profound effect on Puerto Plata and area.

Tflea:

I believe the "sankies" have more time to focus on individuals and not get distracted by volume of tourists.... thus the increase in these posts and threads... just my theory.....LOL They are having a more "intense" vacation this year........ Poor victims/ targets/ tourists......

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Tflea, hahahha. Great post, made my day.
    AZB

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting information tflea;

Quote Originally Posted by tflea View Post
    The cases involving foreign women and men getting intimately involved with locals of the opposite sex have already shown significant increases.
    This is somehow related to tflea’s post. I have also noticed a “significant increase” in the number of “imported” Dominicans leaving their “sponsoring” spouses in Nueba Yol, Mayami etc… These guys get to USA and months later they abandon their wives or they start to show their “true colors”.

“Herminio just left me……..”
    “Wilmer ran a $ 3,250 bill on my cell…..”
    “Johniavi wanted to hit me last night…….”
    “Jianfranko ‘lost’ his gold chain.. (the one I gave him for his Birthday)….”
    “Kenedi gave up looking for a job…..”
    “Fulgy doesn’t tell me ‘I loves you’ anymore….”
    “I caught Noleandro calling his ex-girlfriend…..”

As I said; this seems to start in October/November.
    This is well documented in Dominicans to the USA - Index
    I do feel sorry for all these ladies who invest a great amount of money and time getting these guys to USA, to later have their dreams shattered.

Please ladies, beware when “sponsoring” and “importing” a resort worker.

Saludos
    Contasm

lavidaloca

Default Increase At This Time

Do you think its because people who go away for Christmas (for whatever reason, but clearly they're not spending it with their family) are more emotionally fragile at this time of year?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Recent psychological studies show............naahhhhh --
    People have P.T.Barnumitis all year long, just more of 'em in high season.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes tflea; "There's a sucker born every minute" (P.T Barnum) and many flight to POP without reviewing Hillbilly’s rules.

As it has been said here many times before; the sun, the watered down rum and the “sweet talk” from a resort worker (RW), will make a gullible and insecure (about her looks) female tourist the prefect target. It has also been asked; why don’t these women get a “companion” in their own country?. Well, I thing VidaLoca has touched an important, sometimes overlooked, point; Society and Family.

Many of these ladies do not get a lot of “play” in their own turf (their own society unfairly labels then as fat, unattractive; basically no girlfriend\spouse material) , and when “sweet talked” by one tiguere resort worker (doesn’t matter how ugly he is), they lower their guard and make themselves vulnerable to all kind of tricks that many may have recognized in their own country. The RW can hear the rubbing of his victim’s thighs miles away and knows exactly the lady’s background and how to attack.
    Many of these women don’t want to go too deep into the RW’s background, because they want to maintain an air of “unknowness” about the relationship; it is like the feeling of euphoria, for some, of anonymous sex; “The less I know about this guy; the better”.
    By the end of the holiday; they are emotionally too deep into their newly found “love of their life” and it’s almost impossible to take them out of that trance. The POP magic is taking its effects, and the lady starts imagining and fantasizing a life together in Nueba Yol, Mayami or Misisaugua. They do intense research (immigration, visa issues) in Dominicans to the USA - Index and start visiting their new man in POP, with plans of bringing this new “toy boy” to their country.
    We all know the rest of the story (and how it ends)…….. it’s sad.

So.. A new batch is just arriving early in Puerto Plata; or perhaps many of them are visiting their “special one” for the second or third time.
    Tflea, please keep us posted.

Saludos
    Contasm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast