Another Boca Chica death. Piano Bar owner was murdered last night

S

Sosua Sonny

It has been posted many times on this site that expats have no fear of death living in the D.R.

F

frank recktenwald

Was it still owned by the Dutch guy?
Does anyone have a link?

B

bienamor

According to a Bar owner in BC there have been 4 in 5 days. no links no names provided

T

tht

RIP to the Italian

The property is still owned by the Dutch owner of the original Route 66, he left in 2005. He bought the place from the folks behind Cafe Colonial, another Dutch. Everyone after that owned the business not the property. The bar was called Route 66 long before another Dutch guy took over the business and decided to name it Gemandi (I believe for about 15 min) and then The Piano Bar. The "new" Route 69 bar just "copied" the name, before it was closed a while back.

Last edited:
C

CristoRey

Of the many cities, towns and villages I've traveled to
across the world... Boca Chica is my least favorite.

M

Mcinbrass

The property is still owned by the Dutch owner of the original Route 66, he left in 2005. He bought the place from the folks behind Cafe Colonial, another Dutch. Everyone after that owned the business not the property. The bar was called Route 66 long before another Dutch guy took over the business and decided to name it Gemandi (I believe for about 15 min) and then The Piano Bar. The "new" Route 69 bar just "copied" the name, before it was closed a while back.

Is it still open?

B

badpiece33

Of the many cities, towns and villages I've traveled to
across the world... Boca Chica is my least favorite.

I agree 1000 % I wont even stop for gas on the hwy or burger king. just keep going

C

Celt202

Lunch at Puerco Rosado, a dip in the lagoon and skedaddle before sunset and the creatures start emerging.

G

Garyexpat

I went to Boca Marina about 2 months ago. Beautiful (much larger than the old days) and the food was very good, even decent service. I will no longer do anything but a drive by on the other side of the Hamaca.

J

jstarebel

I went to Boca Marina about 2 months ago. Beautiful (much larger than the old days) and the food was very good, even decent service. I will no longer do anything but a drive by on the other side of the Hamaca.

Agreed.. I've moored up in Marina Zar Par on a few different occasions without any problems although I did offer Propina to the head of security. The marina is as close as we come to the town of BC.

Scott18684

Jun 10, 2018
It has been posted many times on this site that expats have no fear of death living in the D.R.

I’m from Coral Springs in south Florida and just got back to Santiago from visiting and in the news it is all people being killed and robbed all the time. In Coral Springs a guy got killed in his front lawn he went to the bank to make a deposit and was followed to his house and killed in an attempted robbery. There was a double murder in Deerfield beach by a 15 yr old. And this is in a very safe city. You see things like this no matter where you live so I don’t get why people think DR is not safe it seems to me like it’s less safe in south Florida than here. Maybe I am not watching the local news enough but it seems like the crime happens in the bad neighborhoods only or perhaps 0i have just been lucky but I never see the police arresting anybody or anything involving the police.

And all those people that supposedly died from tainted liquor from minibars the FBI toxicology reports came back and it turned out that wasn’t true they died from natural causes. It happens all the time and when you have millions of visitors just statistically speaking your going to have people die that would have died in their home country they just happened to be traveling.

So I don’t think it’s any more safe in USA than here depending on what area your in.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
The most dangerous city in the caribbean is San Juan Puerto Rico. It ranks number 13 behind St. Louis, L.A., Chicago, Baltimore, etc.