Maine

D

Derfish

It is too cold there for Dominicans! The coldest winter I ever spent was one summer in Maine!

R

Russell

There are several Dominicans here in South West Nova Scotia....same weather as Maine...they seem to be doing quite well with total integration into local mosaic,,, and the weather.... Do not underestimate the adaptability of Dominicans.... cold or not.

S

slowmo

There are large areas in Maine that are way colder than Nova Scotia.

D

Derfish

There are large areas in Maine that are way colder than Nova Scotia.

Millions of Dominicans in Boston just a few miles from Maine. Lynn just outside of Boston has quite a few discos owned by Doms if I remember rightly.

T

Tom0910

Millions of Dominicans in Boston just a few miles from Maine. Lynn just outside of Boston has quite a few discos owned by Doms if I remember rightly.
Lawrence Mass. is the capital of the Dominican Republic North.

P

playacaribe2

Lawrence Mass. is the capital of the Dominican Republic North.

I think most Dominicans would consider Manhattan the capital.

But, Lawrence, MA is certainly the poorest city in Massachusetts....with a +70% hispanic population primarily Dominican.

Lots of Dominicans in southern NH just across the border from Lawrence and a smaller contingent in southern Maine....to answer the op's question.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

JTakaMakaveli

Dec 31, 2015
I think most Dominicans would consider Manhattan the capital.

But, Lawrence, MA is certainly the poorest city in Massachusetts....with a +70% hispanic population primarily Dominican.

Lots of Dominicans in southern NH just across the border from Lawrence and a smaller contingent in southern Maine....to answer the op's question.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

This is true. I'm from Woburn, MA and used to live in NY. Have also frequently been to Lawrence, southern Maine, and NH.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
El molino for one. Got me into bachata and start d me coming to DR. Plus, they thought the cognac was wine and poured it like that. I couldn’t drink like that again.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Imo, Toronto has the largest DR community in Canada followed by Montreal. Winters in Toronto can be bitter but winters in Montreal are worse with the wind blowing off the St. Lawrence. If you have to suffer the cold winters you may as well be in a large metropolitan centre like Toronto where both legitimate and illegitimate employment opportunities are available. Haitians make up a large percentage of the Montreal immigrant population and prefer it over other areas in Canada because it is a French speaking province and they can easily integrate into society there. The Quebec government is doing everything it can to keep the French language alive and French speaking immigrants help them achieve their objectives. We have migrant groups from other islands, Jamaica, etc., that come to Atlantic Canada to temporarily work on the farms during harvest time or fish processing plants due to a shortage of local workers.