Citibank US VS DR

A

Allie Asiedu

Hi I want to open a citibank account here in the US to make deposits. Will I have access to this account in DR?

I found some other threads discussing the bank but I could not find anything recent. The older posts stated that Citibank in DR operates as a commercial entity only but I don't think that's true anymore. Any recommendations would be helpful.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

S

Sosua Sonny

You should definitely ask that question to the Citibank employee when you opening your account.

W

windeguy

Despite the overall corporate ownership of banks worldwide, any bank in the DR operates as a separate entity. In other words, the money does not flow from one to the other without some type of effort like a wire transfer, or depositing a US Dollar check in the DR and allowing it to clear, or using your Citibank ATM card to remove pesos at an ATM in the DR.

There may be some benefits to using Citibank in the US and the DR, but they would be minimal. Perhaps no ATM fees at a Citibank ATM. I have never seen a Citibank on the north coast. Is that Santo Domingo only?

A

Allie Asiedu

Despite the overall corporate ownership of banks worldwide, any bank in the DR operates as a separate entity. In other words, the money does not flow from one to the other without some type of effort like a wire transfer, or depositing a US Dollar check in the DR and allowing it to clear, or using your Citibank ATM card to remove pesos at an ATM in the DR.

There may be some benefits to using Citibank in the US and the DR, but they would be minimal. Perhaps no ATM fees at a Citibank ATM. I have never seen a Citibank on the north coast. Is that Santo Domingo only?
The ones I saw were in Santo Domingo, yes. Not sure if there are others. Thank you for the clarification as well.

R

Riva_31

Hi I want to open a citibank account here in the US to make deposits. Will I have access to this account in DR?

I found some other threads discussing the bank but I could not find anything recent. The older posts stated that Citibank in DR operates as a commercial entity only but I don't think that's true anymore. Any recommendations would be helpful.

City Bank here sold all branches to Scotia Bank and only works now with Business Account, thats the only way you can have an account with City here, and you know they only works big companies.