Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wanting infor on spending 6 months in Puerto Plata Nov-April

Hello everyone, New person here Anyway my husband and I are frequent travelers to Puerto Plata and are looking into spending our "winter" months down there (Nov~April) Now I think we need a different "visa" when we do this.......if someone knows please let me know. We are Canadian and want to start doing this by next year. We are wanting to Rent but would like any information that anyone has to share with us. Anything would be appreciated
    thankssssssssssssssssssssss

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello.
    It’s mainly, tourist-visa and overstay, being illegal en pay when you return to your country. Or apply for residency.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

...when I first came here I stayed at a all inclusive at Playa Dorado, for about 9 months.. it was perfect..Talked to the manager and paid about $900 a month, and remember that was for about everything you need.....

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s interesting....where you allowed to put in your OWN furniture? How about the laundry?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    That’s interesting....where you allowed to put in your OWN furniture? How about the laundry?
    ...they have furniture.. yes they did my laundry.....and as many guests as I wanted....

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaunsyd View Post
    Hello everyone, New person here Anyway my husband and I are frequent travelers to Puerto Plata and are looking into spending our "winter" months down there (Nov~April) Now I think we need a different "visa" when we do this.......if someone knows please let me know. We are Canadian and want to start doing this by next year. We are wanting to Rent but would like any information that anyone has to share with us. Anything would be appreciated
    thankssssssssssssssssssssss
    Check out suncampdr.com if you are wishing to live on the lower end of the scale cost wise.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Just come and pay the tourist visa when you arrive. This is good for a month. When you leave, you pay the "fine" for overstaying. If you are thinking of doing this on an annual basis you can think about getting official Residency, but many people don't.

8. Likes zoomzx11 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by USA DOC View Post
    ...when I first came here I stayed at a all inclusive at Playa Dorado, for about 9 months.. it was perfect..Talked to the manager and paid about $900 a month, and remember that was for about everything you need.....
    thanks for getting back to me and We've stayed many many times In Playa Dorado (Heavens) Which resort did you go this at? And when did you do this? This is very very interesting.
    Please get back to me lol lol lol cause this is really good if they allow it.
    Penny

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Please do tell more information. which resort and when did you do this? I mean if we could do that my husbands all in for this one So you still got to use the resort food etc???

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that we can get a "tourist card" (up here in Canada) and that is for 30 days only. then they want us to go get an extension 120 days (supposedly somewhere at the Canadian Consulate in Puerto Plata....but we have to do that twice in order to get another 120 days. This seems stupid to me. What is the "FINE" for overstaying? And will this effect us next time we want to go? As for Official Residency, what does this entail? and really is it worth it?
    thanks much

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast