Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Car accident--- veron

Street rumors........disclaimer.

2 guys from a campo near me went to pick up a french lady at punta cana airport, not clear when, yesterday or the day before.
    It was an internet meet up (erm, erm ), and she came to visit, which is already crazy since the campo in question is something straight of The Apocalypse......
    Anyhow, on the way back from airport, near Veron, they got run over by one of those roller/compressor thingys that tarmac roads !!!!!!! Like wt.f ?
    Lady died, the 2 young-ish guys ( late 20's or 30 something ) are critically injured........ and all 3 were robbed blind after the crash luggage, money, phones, ID's and all....... well one of the guys still had his phone in the pocket and that's how, supposedly, they know the lady is french.

I can see another great publicity moment coming for tourism in the dr.........

2. Likes rfp liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    Street rumors........disclaimer.

2 guys from a campo near me went to pick up a french lady at punta cana airport, not clear when, yesterday or the day before.
    It was an internet meet up (erm, erm ), and she came to visit, which is already crazy since the campo in question is something straight of The Apocalypse......
    Anyhow, on the way back from airport, near Veron, they got run over by one of those roller/compressor thingys that tarmac roads !!!!!!! Like wt.f ?
    Lady died, the 2 young-ish guys ( late 20's or 30 something ) are critically injured........ and all 3 were robbed blind after the crash luggage, money, phones, ID's and all....... well one of the guys still had his phone in the pocket and that's how, supposedly, they know the lady is french.

I can see another great publicity moment coming for tourism in the dr.........
    People should be required to read the local news here on the internet every day for
    a month prior to being able to purchase a flight or book a hotel. This wouldn't solve
    all of the potential problems but I think it might help.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    People should be required to read the local news here on the internet every day for
    a month prior to being able to purchase a flight or book a hotel. This wouldn't solve
    all of the potential problems but I think it might help.
    No one would come then...plus all the wealth and knowledge from news and forums is not what it used to be...

5. Likes zoomzx11, Polar Bear liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

No publicity moment malko....

two local guys from a campo and a girl....
    Not really international news.....

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    No publicity moment malko....

two local guys from a campo and a girl....
    Not really international news.....
    Well getting robbed blind after a car accident hardly makes for a "poster moment" for holidays in " paradise ".

8. Likes ogunjobi123, melphis liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

After death robbery is not a DR Franchise!
    This happens all around the world.
    Even in North America.
    I live in Canada and when my Father died , the Undertaker took the cadaver,Money from wallet and Jewelry from Dresser.
    We should stop looking for faults all the time and address the better and finer points of living and visiting the DR..
    I remember in St.Vincent when a crew was unloading furniture of a foreigner who was moving there...There was also a Crew removing all the furniture out the back door at the same time. If it were not sad and blatant robbery it could be almost funny.
    In Luperon I hung a good suit out on the clothes line to air out...two hours later it was gone!
    Someone got a good fat suit and I got a new one.

I do not condone ''robbing the dead and in-firmed'' it is a dastardly deed; but, it is life everywhere on planet earth.

10. Likes nigrarosa, drstock, Ecoman1949 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

malko ---
    you.ve been here a long time... this isn't strange
    they steal the shoes too....

They stop to help you change a tire...
    the chica slides in the other side and steals whatever she can

Then you PAY them for their help -- before you know your laptop is gone !!

Hardly news,,,, and does Not really involve a foreigner.........

Sorry... I'm not trying to make trouble - just stating the obvious about a common occurrence

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

When my friends ask how safe DR is my answer is simple...you fall down drunk you will end up home safe n sound even with your wallet,but empty...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Malko, I thought it was a good story. Did you make WW mad or is he just being obtuse as unusual?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    HOw is that different from Tennessee or Mississippi?
    Some years ago their was 2 guys that slept in the park totally drunk. The kids would steel their foot ware and leave them bare foot. One was a moneyed brit the other a sweed seaman. Strange pair. One in a suite the other in jeans they ate bread from a bag for lunch and washed it down with rum. By all looks of it they enjoyed walking barefoot and sleeping on hard bricks. Just disappeared one day as fast as they came no one knows ware. They would laff at one another being robbed of their foot ware. Life is strange!

15. Likes Russell liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast