Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Coraplata (sp?) delivers a bill each month to the owner of a well next door to me. I think he gives them a token payment once a year.

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arete92 View Post
    OK just trying to understand this comment; you mean you had a well on your property that you drilled ( or previous owner ) that you/they did not pay the permit on and the monthly "tax" for water and they came after you for this? So what I extract from this is if it's DRINKING WATER you pay otherwise if it's shower or flush water you do not pay the "agua de potable" ?
    All water delivered by the water companies is called agua potable (drinking water), but it is not drinkable. That was my point. Doesn't matter if it gets piped by the water companies, or, in my case came from a well, close to the ocean and surrounded by people who had latrines - the well water was salty (and smelly) and undrinkable.

Matilda
    Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a drilled well (160 ft) on our property on the outskirts of Jarabacoa but within the town boundaries. All the applicable permits were obtained and approved. So far no bill; perhaps they are waiting for a house to be built. The water is safe to drink and clear but has fairly high mineral content. The plants certainly love it. Our worker has been drinking it for two years without a problem.

4. Likes arete92 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The Late Developer drilled a 20 ft well on what is now my property.
    The well smelled and, had from his account, salt water in it.
    The Luperon town water is two miles closer to the ocean and has no 'Salt' ........ I am thinking of drilling a real water well on my property ; if it does laundry,showers and other cleaning without a problem' that is all I ask for.
    The Water company stopped delivering water via water main 6 months ago because the supply dried up.
    We get it trucked in sometimes twice weekly.
    I know how to make water filtration systems so the water will be sweet by the time it reaches our kitchen.

I have no problem paying a $100.oo peso tax per month.... just look at the bigger picture.

This is cute: On my farm in Navajaro I employed a well digger to make me a well. The biggest part of the negotiation was ''who gets to keep the gold, if they find any''?
    The well was dug where he wanted to dig because it was easiest !!!
    Where I had told him to dig was too difficult for his Haitian Digger Man.

Just my two pesos worth.
    Russell

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    The Late Developer drilled a 20 ft well on what is now my property.
    The well smelled and, had from his account, salt water in it.
    The Luperon town water is two miles closer to the ocean and has no 'Salt' ........ I am thinking of drilling a real water well on my property ; if it does laundry,showers and other cleaning without a problem' that is all I ask for.
    The Water company stopped delivering water via water main 6 months ago because the supply dried up.
    We get it trucked in sometimes twice weekly.
    I know how to make water filtration systems so the water will be sweet by the time it reaches our kitchen.

I have no problem paying a $100.oo peso tax per month.... just look at the bigger picture.

This is cute: On my farm in Navajaro I employed a well digger to make me a well. The biggest part of the negotiation was ''who gets to keep the gold, if they find any''?
    The well was dug where he wanted to dig because it was easiest !!!
    Where I had told him to dig was too difficult for his Haitian Digger Man.

Just my two pesos worth.
    Russell
    And who kept the gold?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Get a permit to drill WITHIN your property. Have it done on a Sat. and done that day and operational. Hide the well head. Never tell "them" anything. Done. BUT... you have have the permit to have the well, just don't say so. Tell them to go to "City Hall" and look it up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123