Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PlayaBachata in POP, Any one stay there recently

My wife I went there for years a very long time ago. It changed for the worst. I see its
    been bought out and was wondering if any one on DR1 has stayed there after they were bought out.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I stayed there for a weekend. We didn't like it and my mujer is Dominican. Rooms too far and confusing to find, pool too crowded, dining hall too hot, beach not that good either. We arrived at 1 pm and were not even allowed on the property until checkin time 3 pm. Standing at the gate for 2 hours with a bunch of others like idiots.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rogerjac View Post
    I stayed there for a weekend. We didn't like it and my mujer is Dominican. Rooms too far and confusing to find, pool too crowded, dining hall too hot, beach not that good either. We arrived at 1 pm and were not even allowed on the property until checkin time 3 pm. Standing at the gate for 2 hours with a bunch of others like idiots.
    I agree with you about the ridiculous check-in procedure, but found the food ok and the beach not bad for the north coast. Pool was crowded with the people that came with us, about 80 staff and their families. Overall a C
    experience. iT WAS BETTER UNDER rUI IN THE 1990S.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

...stayed there for a week in august 2018...after it was sold..it was good for the price, check in was a long line..parking on the street only.. the rest was good.. my Dominican girl fren said she liked it...…..Doc....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine and her husband stayed there in March...(Canadians) ... they really liked it ...however one day the smoke and toxins from the POP Garbage dump choked them out. That soured them from a revisit.....
    Russell