Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalPaul View Post
    I would suggest you get a broker. Insurance in Dom Rep seems to be quite old fashioned and the companies seem quite happy to work through brokers rather than trying to get you to go direct to them. A good broker will get quotes from you, and will also manage all interaction with the insurance company including making sure that they pay when you have a claim. I have always used a lady called Zaide Alba from brokers Alva Cavagliano website http://www.coalcava.com/ and would highly recommend her. She is incredibly efficient and honest. I think she speaks some English. I would suggest you get in touch and ask her your questions as she will be able to explain exactly how everything works with all the different companies.
    This. I've been using the same guy for years. He has been in the insurance business for decades and knows everybody who is anybody.

The few times I've needed his service for a claim he's been incredible.

One of the best things you can get for free in this country.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I am still waiting for a quote. Last email (3rd one) he provided me with is: [email protected]

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drperson View Post
    Yes I will. It is a point of concern and contention for anyone living here and driving with a foreign Licence. I have verbal confirmation from a large insurance provider and an waiting written confirmation. I should have it in a couple of days and will keep you posted.
    Couple of days, couple of years ? Whatever!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12