Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone know the countries largest hardware store? Need of a large drainage pipe

Hi Everyone. Im searching for a large diameter drainage pipe, preferably 30 inches in diameter or the closest to that i can get. I can use a large diameter white PVC pipe or a correlated pipe like shown below. These things are common in the states but here not so much. I want to build a long slide for my kid for Christmas jeje. Does anyone know where I may find one or perhaps a very large hardware store where I may inquire? I am in Las terrenas de Samama but i will buy it from anywhere in DR as there are none here. Thanks.

something like this

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/142074563215166736/

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djdaveq View Post
    Hi Everyone. Im searching for a large diameter drainage pipe, preferably 30 inches in diameter or the closest to that i can get. I can use a large diameter white PVC pipe or a correlated pipe like shown below. These things are common in the states but here not so much. I want to build a long slide for my kid for Christmas jeje. Does anyone know where I may find one or perhaps a very large hardware store where I may inquire? I am in Las terrenas de Samama but i will buy it from anywhere in DR as there are none here. Thanks.

something like this

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/142074563215166736/

Try to contact Ferreteria Americana in Santo Domingo.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Americana. I would try Almacenes Unidos, they tend to be more geared for proper builders. Or just ask a good plumber, they will know where you can lay your hands on such an item. They definitely have them in the capital because CAASD is replacing a lot of the water pipes and you see them laying those 30" tubes.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The cost for those pipes in that size rated for water distribution would be very very expensive. Even the ribbed ones will be expensive and will still have small bumps on the inside.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Contact a large Water Dept. (SD/Santiago) and ask where they get their pipes. Also if they have any remnants they'd consider selling. You'd only need 5 feet of pipe to make a 10 foot slide.