Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default visa tourism and period conditions journey ?

Buenas dias,

A little confused with all that one can read and the contradictions since strong rules in 2018 ... To be clear visa initial tourism is delivered for 30 days ?
    To renew at the SD immigration service is possible to ask for 60 or 90 days max? What are the terms or conditions to get with this visa a maximum journey permit? With taxes to pay +? (cost about?)
    What is the maximum of legal declared months with a tourist visa per year?

If stay few days out of country then return to RD before the end of the initial 30 days the counters are reset? So for 30 days? Depending on officers?

Thank you for your clarifications and shared expériences to make all clear and avoid complications or troubles.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Just come and stay as long as you like and pay the fee at the airport when you leave................

3. Likes USA DOC, Russell liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    Just come and stay as long as you like and pay the fee at the airport when you leave................
    That still works.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    yes that works but...I only know about periods up to two years....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus33 View Post
    Buenas dias,
    If stay few days out of country then return to RD before the end of the initial 30 days the counters are reset? So for 30 days? Depending on officers?
    If you leave the country and then return, the counter is reset. But this doesn't count if you go to Haiti. It counts if you go anywhere else.

I had a friend who stayed for 30 days on a tourist card (arrived on 22nd September, left on 22nd October) and they were not charged to exit. So I think exactly 30 days is OK.

7. Likes Russell liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

this reset could be done how many times ?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess risk is highly to be rejected next time you want to get back…

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess risk is highly to be rejected next time you want to get back…
    Up until this point in time, their are some countries far more likely to have people turned back than others. Some insist that people from the US, Canada or EU have never been denied re-entry no matter how many times they stayed over 30 days previously.

What passport do you carry?

11. Likes Russell liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

this reset could be done how many times ?
    As far as I'm aware, the tourist card is valid for a 30-day stay. Once you leave the country (apart from going to Haiti) then stamp you out. So it resets. I guess that technically you could do this over and over again without any problems, but if you did have a strange immigration pattern like constantly leaving for one day and returning, then this might be questioned at some point by immigration people.

As has been said by other posters, even if you stay past the 30 days the only thing that currently happens is that you have to pay a fee when you leave.

Also worth saying that it's not hard to get Dominican residency, it costs maybe $1,500 in lawyer fees and it takes a few months but once you have it you're good to stay legally and are pretty much treated exactly the same as a local in terms of rights and ability to work, get health insurance, bank account etc.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, again this subject rears its' inquisitive head. Same ole same ole responses based on opinions and hear- say stories. I would hate for this to come back at me and bite me in my backside while I stand there at the airport being told "adios amigo." I need to resolve this problem.
    1. Is it possible that the subject of "overstaying" be put in the legal forum?. Perhaps a legal opinion can be put forth that would put this to bed.
    2. At my earliest opportunity (4-5 weeks), while I am in NY, I plan on making an appointment to visit the consulate and get someone to give me the regulation/law in black and white.

This unanswered question really bothers me. Who is to say that one day the admitting officer at the airport is not having a bad day or on this day he "thinks" I shouldn't be allowed back in??
    I'll do my best to come back here in a few weeks with some more information.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast