Post Thanks / Like

Default PUCMM Medical School.

Hello,

I'm interested in studying medicine at PUCMM. I'm a 27 year old guy from New Orleans, LA. Is it posible for me to start in January 2020? My Spanish is not fluent, but I'm in the process of learning it thoroughly (private lessons with a tutor). Do I have a chance to become a medical student at 27? I mean, when I finish my studies, I will be almost 33 or even older.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arthurnottheking View Post
    Hello,

I'm interested in studying medicine at PUCMM. I'm a 27 year old guy from New Orleans, LA. Is it posible for me to start in January 2020? My Spanish is not fluent, but I'm in the process of learning it thoroughly (private lessons where I write my essay today with a tutor). Do I have a chance to become a medical student at 27? I mean, when I finish my studies, I will be almost 33 or even older.

Edit: I already graduated from The University of New Orleans with a degree: Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences. Will it help me during the application process to PUCMM?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know jack about PUCMM but I want to comment on the age thing. I graduated from Engineering school at age 32 and had a great career. Don't let that stop you at all.

4. Likes cobraboy liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt January 2020 will happen.

Reach out to Hillbilly for more helpful advice.

There are other private medical schools for foreigners in the DR that are credible.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't comment on Medical school here but as to the age thing.
    I started medical school (in the US) at age 28 so age is not factor.
    Bob K

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arthurnottheking View Post
    Hello,

I'm interested in studying medicine at PUCMM. I'm a 27 year old guy from New Orleans, LA. Is it posible for me to start in January 2020? My Spanish is not fluent, but I'm in the process of learning it thoroughly (private lessons with a tutor). Do I have a chance to become a medical student at 27? I mean, when I finish my studies, I will be almost 33 or even older.
    Check out their webpage. It seems that you should have gathered all the documents before Nov. 15th.

As for the age thing, I don't see why it should stop you. 27 is still a good age. I know this Puerto Rican guy who graduated last year, and he's in his 40's.

https://www.pucmm.edu.do/admisiones/pruebas-admision