Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I found out recently there is an insurance broker in Cabarete where older people can get into a group policy. Biki Dozet is the brokers name and she is in Plaza Media Luna. I have not confirmed this myself, but a friend I trust told me she can do this for older clients who otherwise would not be considered for new policies for private plans.

We use Biki for other types of insurance and recommend her.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I found out recently there is an insurance broker in Cabarete where older people can get into a group policy. Biki Dozet is the brokers name and she is in Plaza Media Luna. I have not confirmed this myself, but a friend I trust told me she can do this for older clients who otherwise would not be considered for new policies for private plans.

We use Biki for other types of insurance and recommend her.
    We also sell health insurance for older people. It is within a group not individual.
    It's all fine to have health insurance but when you go to the hospital or clinic you sometimes need to have your broker help you in case they say different bull***t things. like it is invalid .
    I was in a big hospital last month with a very severe medical problem. I ended up in intensive care for 13 days.
    We have very good health insurance we know because we sell it.
    First the hospital said they wanted 600,000 pesos up front on a saturday night. My wife said our insurance was good and if they don't accept me and something happens she will sue them for alot of money.

They did admit me and did take my insurance.

YOu need someone to go to bat for you . Little did I know.

Most people don't have a clue what insurance they have. People sell them expansive plans then switch to cheaper plans and keep the difference. We see this all the time.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drperson View Post
    We also sell health insurance for older people. It is within a group not individual.
    It's all fine to have health insurance but when you go to the hospital or clinic you sometimes need to have your broker help you in case they say different bull***t things. like it is invalid .
    I was in a big hospital last month with a very severe medical problem. I ended up in intensive care for 13 days.
    We have very good health insurance we know because we sell it.
    First the hospital said they wanted 600,000 pesos up front on a saturday night. My wife said our insurance was good and if they don't accept me and something happens she will sue them for alot of money.

They did admit me and did take my insurance.

YOu need someone to go to bat for you . Little did I know.

Most people don't have a clue what insurance they have. People sell them expansive plans then switch to cheaper plans and keep the difference. We see this all the time.
    Sorry to hear about your problem and how they will even try to screw over an insurance agent as well.

We renew our medical insurance directly with Humano for some of the reasons you mention. But then we have no intermediary "agent" to go to bat for us, so to speak. Thus far, no issues yet in 17 years of having Palic first and then Humano.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Sorry to hear about your problem and how they will even try to screw over an insurance agent as well.

We renew our medical insurance directly with Humano for some of the reasons you mention. But then we have no intermediary "agent" to go to bat for us, so to speak. Thus far, no issues yet in 17 years of having Palic first and then Humano.
    That is really good. Glad to hear about it. I hate it when they try and screw over people

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

There are good insurance brokers out there. Purchasers still need to be very careful to understand the policy they are purchasing and to ask their broker all sorts questions that one can later verify for themselves.

Suggested questions for insurance provider.

1) Please provide two local Doctors/Dentists that accept this coverage.
    2) Please provide 1 local clinic/hospital that accepts this coverage.
    3) What is the 24/hr customer help line number if there are problems with coverage
    4) Is there an English translation for my policy available?

On the way home stop at one of the provided Dr's office and verify that they accept the insurance coverage. Check with your preferred clinic/hospital to verify coverage at the earliest opportunity. After a suitable wait period for all the paperwork to run its course, contact the insurance provider directly and verify the policy details and coverage level to ensure you are getting what you are paying for.

You can never assume that someone isn't out to swindle you in this country, because some are. The time to learn that you do not have the coverage or that coverage isn't as widely accepted as you were told is not when you have been flattened by a moto driving on the sidewalk.

6. Likes slowmo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Since I don't use a broker for medical insurance, my wife and I are the people performing the do diligence.

I never assume that someone is not out to swindle me here, as you correctly mention, Cdn_Gringo.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Drperson
    can you pm me some information on your group insurance for older people

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    There are good insurance brokers out there. Purchasers still need to be very careful to understand the policy they are purchasing and to ask their broker all sorts questions that one can later verify for themselves.

Suggested questions for insurance provider.

1) Please provide two local Doctors/Dentists that accept this coverage.
    2) Please provide 1 local clinic/hospital that accepts this coverage.
    3) What is the 24/hr customer help line number if there are problems with coverage
    4) Is there an English translation for my policy available?

On the way home stop at one of the provided Dr's office and verify that they accept the insurance coverage. Check with your preferred clinic/hospital to verify coverage at the earliest opportunity. After a suitable wait period for all the paperwork to run its course, contact the insurance provider directly and verify the policy details and coverage level to ensure you are getting what you are paying for.

You can never assume that someone isn't out to swindle you in this country, because some are. The time to learn that you do not have the coverage or that coverage isn't as widely accepted as you were told is not when you have been flattened by a moto driving on the sidewalk.
    This is very good advise. Plus check your policy every year to make sure you are getting what you paid for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12