Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default wages for part time home employee ?

Will need sometimes to hire services of someone for cleaning appartment or ironing clothes. But worried about my material, how to find serious employee?

Dont know what is the right to price to pay in hands? Not as foreigner but for the local correct price. What is the actual wages per hour ? Minimum salary in DR per month ?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't employ anyone who is not recommended by a well trusted friend. I would work on about RD$100 per hour but don't pay by the number of hours worked as the work will take much longer. Minimum monthly salary does not apply to part-time employees.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus33 View Post
    Will need sometimes to hire services of someone for cleaning appartment or ironing clothes. But worried about my material, how to find serious employee?

Dont know what is the right to price to pay in hands? Not as foreigner but for the local correct price. What is the actual wages per hour ? Minimum salary in DR per month ?
    Where do you live? Domestic salaries are higher in Santo Domingo, for example.

Administrator
    DR1.com

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

In Santo Domingo I pay 7,000 per month for a housekeeper who works 3 days a week. That's about 100 pesos per hour, except there are a few months that have extra weeks. (She could have had an extra payday if she asked to be paid every other week instead of twice a month).

The minimum depends on industry, company size. But i think it's around 50/hr.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Trusted friend… I dont know anyone yet. Not not pay by the number of hours… so how to deal with ? By number of clothes ironed ?
    Full time salary in hands for home employee ?
    There is a barem of minimum salary for different jobs ?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

7000 with charges included or in hands ?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waitman View Post
    In Santo Domingo I pay 7,000 per month for a housekeeper who works 3 days a week. That's about 100 pesos per hour, except there are a few months that have extra weeks. (She could have had an extra payday if she asked to be paid every other week instead of twice a month).

The minimum depends on industry, company size. But i think it's around 50/hr.
    So about 100/ H in SD ….would be the same in north east part DR ?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus33 View Post
    7000 with charges included or in hands ?
    I don't know what that means. I buy the cleaning stuff and she eats my food. She has also done her own laundry here. She's been cleaning here for about a year i think. Never noticed anything missing or had problems I can think of. My housekeeper in Mexico is cheaper but we've had some things and money vanish.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a woman do the ironing about once a month. Known her for about 25 years or longer. Last time was 600 pesos for about 4 hours. Approximately 40 shirts and blouses, 15 pairs of pants.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I pay $500. Pesos a day which works out to 7 hrs a day.....In the Luperon area.
    In January will hire a full time house keeper 6 days a week $12,000 pesos a month.
    Fair around here !
    There are other circumstances which will arise like needed medicine or such....I will probably finance that too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast