Getting to Bavaro Beach Resort

domgirl1

Apr 5, 2002
Hey I wanted to know if anyone can give me information on getting to Bavaro Beach Resort. Does anyone know if I would be able to take Caribe Tours in the Capital to go to Bavaro? Or would it be better to drive in although i heard it's quite a ride correct?

I'm going on vacation and will be visiting family, then going to Bavaro.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

Dominican Dream

Jan 9, 2002
www.dominican-dreams.com
Two ways are possible.
Fisrt: Rent a car - Cost you about 60 - 80 US$
Second: Take a bus in SD (SD - Higuey - Bavaro) or sometimes you can take a direct bus (SD - Bavaro) . this wiill cost you about RDS$ 80. The company is called something like Sitrabus!

domgirl1

Apr 5, 2002
Getting to Bavaro

Hey thanks alot. I was thinking that Caribe Tours would also be an option because I took that last year to go to Santiago and it was something around $70-80RD.

So either SD-Higuey-Bavaro or just straight from SD-Bavaro.

Either or as long as I get there.

Again, thanks for your response.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
The best way is you take the SD - Bavaro Express. It costs RD$120 and leaves twice a day (7.00 am and 4.00 pm). The terminal in Santo Domingo is at the corner of "Juan S. Ramirez" and "Maximo Gomez. Tel.: is 686-0673.
Once you get to the area of Bavaro just tell the chofer to drop you off at the entrance of your hotel and take a cab from there.
Have a nice trip.

domgirl1

Apr 5, 2002
Getting to Bavaro

Hey one more question Mido. This bus you're talking about, is this the same one Dominican Dream was mentioned. I believe it was Sitrabus if I am not mistaken, or is it a different one?

Just want to know the name of the bus out of curiosity.

I'll let you guys know how the trip went. Will be getting to Santo Domingo next Thursday around 1:30 p.m.

Thanks in advance!!