Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    Wrong and wrong. You would have needed to see and hear (or better to say overhear) to understand. They were the number one priority event in the whole country as of 4 pm.
    But not for long.....around 9pm there was already a post about the "Election Muppet Show" above the bus-accident in Listin Diario online.....

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Today’s DR1 news:

Bus tips over on El Coral Highway
    Around 19 Russian tourists were hospitalized with serious injuries after their bus tipped over on Coral Highway. News reports say the U-joint failed and the Dominican driver lost control over the vehicle. There are reports of a collision with a truck. The accident occurred at around 3:15pm on Tuesday, 26 November 2019. Transport Safety Agency (Digesett) reports say 41 Russians were taken to the Hospital General y de Especialidades Nuestra Señora de la Altagracia in Higuey and hospitals in Punta Cana. At least one of the injured was taken by helicopter to a hospital in Santo Domingo.

The Russians had vacationed at hotels in eastern Punta Cana and were being bussed to La Romana International Airport where they would take their flight back home.

https://www.diariolibre.com/actualid...ral-IC15539634
    https://elnuevodiario.com.do/aumenta...via-del-coral/

Admin
    DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalPaul View Post
    I think I am right in saying that the bus collided with a truck that had broken down and had stopped. Dominican Today is reporting that this happened because the bus' drive shaft became loose, so the bus driver lost control and collided with the stationary truck. Is that what everyone else is hearing?
    No, truck was moving. Bus collided with a moving truck.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Bus failed mechanically, driver lost control & struck a truckm (moving or not)

that's how I read it ... my and AE's post reflect the DR1 news report

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PCMike View Post
    I got cut off by a Monumental van leaving Majestic today. Had guests for the airport on board. Just could not wait for me to enter the 4 lanes correctly. Cut right in front of me. Anyone in the east will understand my love for BULE drivers as well.
    ..wonderful, the name Majestic hotels rears its ugly head again...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    News travels fast.
    Source: Taiwan News
    https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3825488
    ..Gee I wonder why Taiwan would print a article about a accident in the DR?..Maybe because the DR was a partner of Taiwan, until the DR signed with China....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PCMike View Post
    I got cut off by a Monumental van leaving Majestic today. Had guests for the airport on board. Just could not wait for me to enter the 4 lanes correctly. Cut right in front of me. Anyone in the east will understand my love for BULE drivers as well.
    That was you , Sorry man......

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

This news was on RT (Russia Today) yesterday. So now the DR is getting bad publicity in yet another country.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Four (4) major bus accidents with tourists over the past 11 years. Four times the same company involved (Monumental). They used to be called FL Tours before the most tragic accident in 2008. They changed their name to Monumental soon after. Under Monumental brand, this is the third major bus accident for them.
    We just passed by the Parque Central in POP about an hour ago, and it was full of (I assume) cruise ship tourists from Maimon, all of them getting on board of a Monumental bus... I just hope they get home safe...

Rest In Peace Lindsay
    Post Thanks / Like

On topic of this, you don't know what you are talking about.

Right now, public hospital is THE best trauma center on the East side of the country. I was there today, in the hospitals. I heard the brasses talking. Everyone was there. There were military forces I practically never heard about before. The go erner was thwre. The vice minister of tourism was there. The 911 regional director was there. 20 different public order and military forces were there. Dominican Air Force was there. Most serious cases were taken to the public hospital trauma center. 21 of them. 12 other less serious case were taken to Clinica Cedano. Very light cases to Clinica Libertad and Clínica Perozo. The government was not holding back in assistance. 4 helicopters were called to the service, out of those 1 was aeroambulancia, one was unmarked, and two Dom AF. Higüey Basílica looked like Air show with copters arriving and departing.

I heard the brasses talking that no expense would be spared, orders were given from the very top to provide any and all assistance necessary by all forces and personnel, two cases were transferred to Santo Domingo, one via air and one via road, on mobile trauma center that looked more like a huge huge truck than ambulance, the response as tremendous, involvement of everyone was high, many volunteers. The public hospital attended 21 worst cases, because they have the best prepared trauma center for this, not because of being cheaper to attend there.

Your comment in their post was way off.
    Rubio, I maybe did not make myself clear. I was not talking about the hospital in Higuey, and there is no doubt that is the best trauma centre in the east, and appears to have done and excellent job. I was talking about those taken to Santo Domingo, and originally the press said they were taken to Dario Contreras Public Hospital. I have been there several times, and I know several who have been there. If I had a choice between there and Plaza de la Salud, for example, I know which I would choose. Now it appears, according to Listin Diario https://listindiario.com/la-republic...-santo-domingo that 22 of the patients have been transferred to the military hospital in the capital. The quote is a little interesting "Los trasladados a Santo Domingo están en el hospital Doctor Ramón de Lara por instrucciones superiores" those transferred to Santo Domingo are in the Dr. Roman de Lara (military hospital) due to instructions from superiors. For information, the military hospital is next to Plaza de la Salud.

Matilda
    Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast