Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SosuaSam View Post
    It would be nice if they converted some of the vacant lots to parking lots until something gets built on them. There is one on PedroC across from NY Pizza and one near Baileys. Cabarete has paid lots, why not Sosua. If the town ever gets busy, there will be no parking. (or allow double sided parking on PC after 6 pm).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    Personally I feel that cars left abandoned on streets so their owners can go somewhere to watch a 3 hour football game detracts from any city/town. Sosua is small enough that there doesn't need to be parking anywhere on Pedro Clisante. Businesses that see a need for their customers to park their cars should provide off street parking.

10,000 steps a day is good for you. Thanks to the car, lots struggle to walk even 5,000 steps most days.
    I wonder if closing off PC altogether to vehicles except for a short early a.m. for deliveries making a pedestrian mall, then creating secure off-site parking with a shuttle would create a different vibe in the area. Think of sidewalk cafes without motos and cars.

This concept works very well elsewhere, so why not Sosua? Think of the CZ...
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

2. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I feel that cars left abandoned on streets so their owners can go somewhere to watch a 3 hour football game detracts from any city/town. Sosua is small enough that there doesn't need to be parking anywhere on Pedro Clisante. Businesses that see a need for their customers to park their cars should provide off street parking.

10,000 steps a day is good for you. Thanks to the car, lots struggle to walk even 5,000 steps most days.
    Cars are not "abandoned" on the streets when someone watches a game. They have to be parked somewhere and the street parking is the only option. Businesses are not going to have the money to buy lots in Sosua to provide parking. That is so unlikely to happen it isn't worth mentioning. Nor is the city hall going to have the foresight to provide parking areas by purchasing unused lots or nocking down existing buildings for parking. At least that is my opinion.

The parking lots are available in Cabarete unless and until they are sold to people who want to build on them. Those existing lots that recently showed up are a private enterprise to make some money for parking on them until another use is found for them. Owners with the same motivations would be needed to realize this in Sosua. Seems somewhat doubtful that will happen.

But yes, parking is a problem in the grand scheme of things for Sosua. And I do not see an easy solution for the area around the west end of Pedro Clisante.

4. Likes Garyexpat, JDJones liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post

The parking lots are available in Cabarete unless and until they are sold to people who want to build on them. Those existing lots that recently showed up are a private enterprise to make some money for parking on them until another use is found for them. Owners with the same motivations would be needed to realize this in Sosua. Seems somewhat doubtful that will happen.

But yes, parking is a problem in the grand scheme of things for Sosua. And I do not see an easy solution for the area around the west end of Pedro Clisante.
    If I had a vacant lot off the west end of Pedro Clisante I would definitely open it up for parking. Very few set-up costs and the only real overhead is employing someone to take the payments - and not even that if they are paid on commission for the cars they usher in.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I rarely park anywhere in Sosua or Cab where I cannot see or hear my vehicle (unless it's in a paid/supervised location). Nothing to do with avoiding the exercise.

7. Likes SosuaSam liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astucia View Post
    I rarely park anywhere in Sosua or Cab where I cannot see or hear my vehicle (unless it's in a paid/supervised location). Nothing to do with avoiding the exercise.
    And there is a good reason for that. Same here.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    I wonder if closing off PC altogether to vehicles except for a short early a.m. for deliveries making a pedestrian mall, then creating secure off-site parking with a shuttle would create a different vibe in the area. Think of sidewalk cafes without motos and cars.

This concept works very well elsewhere, so why not Sosua? Think of the CZ...
    The idea was discussed regarding Cabarete center. Never happened, and now that some buildings were knocked down and used as paid lots there is no motivation to do so. Satellite lots are a good idea, but require forethought and planning which are in short supply.

10. Likes SosuaSam liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I just read on FB that there is a new business opportunity in Sosua. Someone who offers a garbage pick up service could really clean up there with garbage piling up in the streets. Any truth regarding this lucrative new opportunity in Sosua?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post

During my evening walk I noticed that there doesn’t seem to be much available parking in the new EAST end entertainment zone either?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Just realized they must not allow parking on the sidewalk much any more....progress.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Timotero View Post
    During my evening walk I noticed that there doesn’t seem to be much available parking in the new EAST end entertainment zone either?
    I don't think anyone in charge of the town will ever care about that detail. but you never know who will be in charge next. And this is about the good things in Sosua, remember.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast