Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    .............. And this is about the good things in Sosua, remember.
    Uh, YOU were the one that brought up the parking “problem”. (That’s why I quoted your post #32).

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Timotero View Post
    Uh, YOU were the one that brought up the parking “problem”. (That’s why I quoted your post #32).
    Yes, but not having a lot of parking in the new "entertainment region" area IS a good thing. The fewer the better. You just misunderstood my point, and now I clarified the meaning.
    Last edited by windeguy; 12-05-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but not having a lot of parking in the new "entertainment region" area IS a good thing. The fewer the better. You just misunderstood my point, and now I clarified the meaning.
    So he commented on a "good thing".

And I'm not so sure that you starting a conversation about a lack of garbage pick-up in Sosua is such "good thing".

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    So he commented on a "good thing".

And I'm not so sure that you starting a conversation about a lack of garbage pick-up in Sosua is such "good thing".
    At least as I see it, limited parking in the new "entertainment area" is a good thing. Others might disagree.

There is a good opportunity is Sosua. To start a private garbage pick up service. People are always asking about business opportunities, so there you go. The mods can delete any posts they see as inappropriate for a thread.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Cars are not "abandoned" on the streets when someone watches a game. They have to be parked somewhere and the street parking is the only option. Businesses are not going to have the money to buy lots in Sosua to provide parking. That is so unlikely to happen it isn't worth mentioning. Nor is the city hall going to have the foresight to provide parking areas by purchasing unused lots or nocking down existing buildings for parking. At least that is my opinion.

The parking lots are available in Cabarete unless and until they are sold to people who want to build on them. Those existing lots that recently showed up are a private enterprise to make some money for parking on them until another use is found for them. Owners with the same motivations would be needed to realize this in Sosua. Seems somewhat doubtful that will happen.

But yes, parking is a problem in the grand scheme of things for Sosua. And I do not see an easy solution for the area around the west end of Pedro Clisante.
    There is a paid parking lot on Pedro Clisante,I use it all the time,100 pesos. I rarely see anyone else using it though,muchos tacaños en Sosua.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom0910 View Post
    There is a paid parking lot on Pedro Clisante,I use it all the time,100 pesos. I rarely see anyone else using it though,muchos tacaños en Sosua.
    Which lot is that? Near where Matteo has his new place that used to be the Brittania?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astucia View Post
    I rarely park anywhere in Sosua or Cab where I cannot see or hear my vehicle (unless it's in a paid/supervised location). Nothing to do with avoiding the exercise.
    Wow - I park in both towns often and always lose sight of my car. How can you go to the beach, for example?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Note to moderator I created this thread so people could post positive things about events etc. in Sosua, not for people to post the usual negative comments....it is IMPOSSIBLE to have one positive thread here on DR1 because way too many people spend too much time complaining instead of spreading positive news..... If nobody can be positive, please feel free to delete this entire thread.

9. Likes Polar Bear, johne, Seamonkey, BermudaRum liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drstock View Post
    Wow - I park in both towns often and always lose sight of my car. How can you go to the beach, for example?
    Astucia did say in a paid supervised location was acceptable, like one of the lots near Sosua beach for example. Or one of the lots in Cabarete where you pay and it is supervised as well. The business area of Sosua could use another lot or two like those.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tee View Post
    Note to moderator I created this thread so people could post positive things about events etc. in Sosua, not for people to post the usual negative comments....it is IMPOSSIBLE to have one positive thread here on DR1 because way too many people spend too much time complaining instead of spreading positive news..... If nobody can be positive, please feel free to delete this entire thread.
    One great big positive thing that is going to happen is; that all the self serving people that have BS to post and are so sad they need to search for hoes will die off quickly. It's like anything else in that history has a short memory in the minds of many people. They all will move with the tide and within a year I'll bet a brighter day is coming. Be patient. In a way it's sad and comical that yes not one single tread moves forward with someone putting on their boxing gloves. The mods are doing the best they can and wow! do they work hard for their money.
    Last edited by waytogo; 12-05-2019 at 05:20 PM. Reason: fixed quote

12. Likes windeguy liked this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast