Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Scotia Bank ATM at Super Pola ???

Good morning,

In a few days I will be returning to Sosua for the first time in two years. I am very much looking forward to my return as I have spent many winter season's in Sosua. As a retired Canadian I have found it convenient to use the Scotia Bank for 'no fee' atm transactions.

I have often traveled to Cabarete to use the atm's at the Scotia branch there, they always worked consistently well. When I first started to visit Sosua there was a Scotia atm in the pharmacy in the Texaco / Metro Bus location. It worked well, although it would occasionally be 'out of money' ... lol

Then when the Super Pola supermarket location opened I became aware that the Scotia atm had been moved to this location. And I found the machine there to be less than reliable, sometimes just being 'off line / out of service' ??? And I seem to recall reading some stories that folks had had problems with this machine not dispensing money but debiting their account for a transaction ??? I may be wrong about this but I remember just deciding to take the publico to Cabarete to use the branch there,

So, long story short ... does anyone have any info on the current reliability of the Scotia atm at the Super Pola location.

Thanks and Cheers ....

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

They have had a couple of issues with the card being compromised after use at that location. Not sure if that is a problem now and don't intend to find out myself.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been using the machine at Super Pola this year and not had any issues. I did see some repairimen in the ATM room once though.
    So I have found it to be reliable.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried my Progreso card there (After the merger) and it was'nt working

any of those stand alone ATM's can be out of money/operation at any time.
    But they work - mostly !??

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a scotia account and I would not use that machine. Too many compromised incidents that I know
    of. I go to cabarete Scotiabank atm.

6. Likes Seamonkey liked this post