Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Uvero Alto -> Santo Domingo... Help :-/

Hi, I’m staying at the Sensatori & am sick to death of the hotel/all inclusive. How can I get from here to Santo Domingo without paying taxi’s?

I read online that there is a ‘Bavaro Express’ which is $10 each way?

Also, how likely is it that I can find a room to stay in once I’m there? Don’t care what it is as long as there’s a lock on the door & a mattress to sleep on.

Thanks

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Take a taxi to the bus depot in Bavaro then catch the bus to Santo Domingo . The taxi will run you about 40 to 50 USD each way

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeeSee View Post
    Hi, I’m staying at the Sensatori & am sick to death of the hotel/all inclusive. How can I get from here to Santo Domingo without paying taxi’s?

I read online that there is a ‘Bavaro Express’ which is $10 each way?

Also, how likely is it that I can find a room to stay in once I’m there? Don’t care what it is as long as there’s a lock on the door & a mattress to sleep on.

Thanks
    Yes, you can go by bus to the Bavaro Bus Station, Buses pass by in front of all hotels, they pick up people to take it to the bus stations, once there you can get the express, also you can go by taxi from your hotel to the bus stop to make it faster. here is the webpage with schedule http://www.expresobavaro.com/

Aboout booking a Hotel you can go online to expedia and book a hotel in Santo Domingo, there are all range of quality and price, I sugest you to stay in the Colonial Zone Area or Malecon area that is walking distance to Colonial Zone

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    Yes, you can go by bus to the Bavaro Bus Station, Buses pass by in front of all hotels, they pick up people to take it to the bus stations, once there you can get the express, also you can go by taxi from your hotel to the bus stop to make it faster. here is the webpage with schedule http://www.expresobavaro.com/

Aboout booking a Hotel you can go online to expedia and book a hotel in Santo Domingo, there are all range of quality and price, I sugest you to stay in the Colonial Zone Area or Malecon area that is walking distance to Colonial Zone
    How will I know which bus to get on outside my hotel?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

You can ask the bus driver as most of the smaller buses don t have signs on them. There is also a bus to Higuey which is about the same distance as Bavaro and has a really big bus station.

6. Likes Riva_31 liked this post