hillbilly...

jo2na

Feb 24, 2002
hey, i have a question...where did you used to live before dr?? and what made you move there??? and how do you know all this info about the country??? im just curious...you are like a human computer, just full of information, its amazing...anyway, i was wondering if you knew anything about any singing agencies in the capital?? and where can i find info about them. and my other question is, do you know where all those very well known meregue singers go to to become famous?? i need to find out. because im thinking...there is so much competition here in the US with the singers, and the models. but im thinking, in the dr there is less population and less competition, which gives me a better chance. i just need to know how?? im dominican, and i live here in the US. and i want to move to DR, college isn't for everyone, and im just not interested. so can you please give me info??? thankx hillbilly!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Oh jo2na, you're breakin'my heart!

Like all granddads, I want the best for you...so naturally, I think college!

Okey, why do I know so much? I'm older than the hills and I have lived here for 40 years...I have raised a flock (about 11 at last count) of kids, too -course I did have a 'little' bit of help from my Better Half....

Look singing is one of the most fiercely competitive business in the world. Baseball and Football or NBA basquetball are nothing compared to singing.

There are a flock of great Dominican singers that just can't get the "big" break...Maridalia Hern?ndez, one of the absolutely greatest voices I have ever heard (Lili Pons, Edith Piaf, Barbra S...any of them) This girl has a voice....She was tricked by a "manager" and never saw a penny of her money. Another record company tied her up and now she is fighting to get free.

There are more....please oh please don't thaink that small country equals more opportunity. The smaller pot just puts the beans closer together....

That said, if you have the talent, you can get it shown off here pretty easily. I am sure that there are five or six agencies that could handle a young singer. People like Freddy Beras, Juan Luis Guerra and many others are always looking for new talent...

Man you have to have drive to make it..

Oh, by the way. I saw an ad about Top Models the other day, and i think that you have the e-mail address which is now supposed to be operative..

good luck.

HB
needs_a_shave.gif