Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drstock View Post
    Where was that - the Ahnvee? LOL!
    ...Casa Valeria..my favorite.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NanSanPedro View Post
    Loves me some Rocky Horror.

Anybody ever done the white water rafting? Sounds way cool, even for an old fart.
    midnight show. Bleaker Street theatre 1983

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope. Now [email protected]@@t going on. better to go to new Zealand.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Africaida View Post
    GREYDREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm living in Kenya most of the year now and my trips back home to the Western/ Northern hemisphere to be with Family usually include a pit stop in D.R. to spend a little time with life long friends.

When flying to 7,000 miles to Asia and Africa is in the same price range as flying 2,00 miles to D.R. there's just something wrong with that picture.

I'm retired now, I can't just be making it rain

5. Likes Africaida, mofongoloco liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    I'm living in Kenya most of the year now and my trips back home to the Western/ Northern hemisphere to be with Family usually include a pit stop in D.R. to spend a little time with life long friends.

When flying to 7,000 miles to Asia and Africa is in the same price range as flying 2,00 miles to D.R. there's just something wrong with that picture.

I'm retired now, I can't just be making it rain
    That s great !!

You are living the life !!!!!!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It appears not.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    I hope.

I have had more 4x cancellations the last 6 months that the prior 11 years combined.
    WOW, why are things so bad? I haven't been back to the DR in 3 years. It's the longest I've been away and have no desire to go back. Life in the States is so unbelievably comfortable compared with the DR. Even if you have money, life to me in the DR is quite disagreeable and extremely unsafe. There's a whole generation of young people who never lived under repression and are running amok killing and hacking people to pieces.

9. Likes thompstr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Onions/Carrots View Post
    WOW, why are things so bad? I haven't been back to the DR in 3 years. It's the longest I've been away and have no desire to go back. Life in the States is so unbelievably comfortable compared with the DR. Even if you have money, life to me in the DR is quite disagreeable and extremely unsafe. There's a whole generation of young people who never lived under repression and are running amok killing and hacking people to pieces.
    I know I will never go back. What a lawless place. Reading Frank's post about spending a couple of days in jail as a suspect... good god. WHO wants to take that sort of risk just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time?!? Not me. After my last trip I was ambivalent about returning but since Lindsay's murder... that was the proverbial straw for me. There's a lot of places just as beautiful and a whole lot less dangerous to see. THAT's where I will be going.

And don't bother going off on how everywhere is dangerous. No. It's not. Not in the same way. You are being willfully ignorant if that's what you think.

11. Likes thompstr, belkis liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBeachBum View Post
    I know I will never go back. What a lawless place. Reading Frank's post about spending a couple of days in jail as a suspect... good god. WHO wants to take that sort of risk just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time?!? Not me. After my last trip I was ambivalent about returning but since Lindsay's murder... that was the proverbial straw for me. There's a lot of places just as beautiful and a whole lot less dangerous to see. THAT's where I will be going.

And don't bother going off on how everywhere is dangerous. No. It's not. Not in the same way. You are being willfully ignorant if that's what you think.
    It's just a matter of how much risk you're willing to accept. I believe that the DR is no more dangerous than Memphis, St. Louis, Detroit, or Chicago. I have absolutely no problem accepting the risk, however you quantify it.

However others, such as you, are different and can't/won't accept that risk. I understand and sympathize. I hope you find a great place to vacation and retire!

13. Likes Riva_31 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty tough to find crystal clear blue ocean waters with lush tropical rainforest mountains in the backdrop. Almost impossible. The beaches of the North Coast are truly unique.

15. Likes Michele Jimenez D liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123