Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suarezj519 View Post
    Hope this is true for the DR. They desperately needs to rid the island of all this crap. When there's big reusable bags at the supermarket for 50 - 100 pesos. There's no excuse. One step at a time though. If there's no plastic bags around, I fear their will just be more spilled out garbage on the streets instead of wrapped up in those supermarket plastic bags. Everyone will have to bring their own glass to colmados, etc to share a jumbo now haha (doubt it) but that'd be funny.
    I never understood why people would want to drink beer from a plastic or foam cup. I often bring my own glass for that reason. Also, I do not understand the purpose of the store giving you a bag for ONE item. What is the point. Just carry it in your hand!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reilleyp View Post
    I never understood why people would want to drink beer from a plastic or foam cup. I often bring my own glass for that reason. Also, I do not understand the purpose of the store giving you a bag for ONE item. What is the point. Just carry it in your hand!
    The reason is very simple. Dominicans (that I know who do this) demand a plastic cup because they think it is cleaner than a glass.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

This issue has a different meaning to me home in Canada than it does in the DR. All of my plastic bags at home are used for household garbage and ultimately wind up in a landfill. Now I will have to purchase plastic bags for that purpose. Hardly mission accomplished.

In the DR, I have the suspicion that is not always the case.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Sad to say, but apparently the Press confused Dominica with DR, so this is closed

Admin
    DR1.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234