Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: home break in

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astucia View Post
    Nope - it's all about containment of info and not wanting bad publicity for the gated community. And it's not just home invasions and robberies. It's about ANYTHING that could be perceived to adversely affect property values, sales, rental opportunities, etc. Believe me, this I know first hand.
    Correct. We can witness it here in this Forum very well too. Up to hostile aggressive PERSONAL attacks and calling names. That is a very low class in my opinion.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seamonkey View Post
    Home invasion. The couple was tied up and badly beaten. Looks like an inside job. The entire security got replaced.

Windy, as far as your "gated" community. I was in there 3 weeks ago. The guard at the gate lifted the gate as he smiled and never asked me any questions on where I was going. I drove in. All those gated communities are a false sense of security.
    yes, but do you look Dominican or Haitian? the role of security is to keep the place secure. if he sees a North American or European person seeking entry, he is not going to expect nefarious activity...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    yes, but do you look Dominican or Haitian? the role of security is to keep the place secure. if he sees a North American or European person seeking entry, he is not going to expect nefarious activity...
    Well he should !!!!! The dr doesn't (only ) the finest of the fine !

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko
    Gorgon - you have been here long enough to know better than that. Malko is absolutely correct. Ex-pat ladrones are EVERYWHERE in this country. From small time petty thefts and scams to ...............

5. Likes Caonabo, etolw, Bred liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I looked the same as I looked for the guards at Seahorse Ranch where I was not permitted in without the owners approval.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    malko, i am aware of the need for Interpol to be very active in the DR, but there is a little thing called mindset. the average Dominican at the social level of watchman does not perceive Europeans and North Americans to be capable of lawbreaking.

8. Likes Squat, JDJones liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Gorgon - you have been here long enough to know better than that. Malko is absolutely correct. Ex-pat ladrones are EVERYWHERE in this country. From small time petty thefts and scams to ...............
    you are not telling me anything i don't know. i am the guy who always says that in a lot of homicides involving expats, it is some shady stuff gone sideways.

however, the rank and file guy does not see it like that..

10. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgreat View Post
    There is two sides to that coin windy...Panorama is fine example...switched out there whole security company recently..
    Nothing prevents every crime . The idea of having a security force, walls, electric fences, security cameras, security systems, dogs, etc is to mitigate the level of crime.

Having even one guard makes a huge difference over having none while having 100 guards will not prevent every incident.
    Last edited by windeguy; 12-28-2019 at 08:42 AM.

12. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

True enough. We had two people living here who only needed a quicky Google to see why they fled the USA. One was on the "Most Wanted List" . I only found out long after I had Thanksgiving dinner with him and his family. He simply out waited the statue of limitations on embezzlement and now travels freely. He has since moved to South American and his house is for sale. I only found out his real name by accident. He was very good at hiding out. Many have similar stories to tell.

14. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    True enough. We had two people living here who only needed a quicky Google to see why they fled the USA. One was on the "Most Wanted List" . I only found out long after I had Thanksgiving dinner with him and his family. He simply out waited the statue of limitations on embezzlement and now travels freely. He has since moved to South American and his house is for sale. I only found out his real name by accident. He was very good at hiding out. Many have similar stories to tell.
    the country is crawling with criminal type expats, running away from all kinds of drama where they came from. that is why i am not one of those people who are quick to assert that the country is violent every time some bad stuff goes down. many times it is a deal gone bad..

16. Likes JDJones liked this post
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast