Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDKNIGHT View Post
    I wish they would tell me to go home..i'll move right to columbia ..... cheaper and hotter chicas
    COLOMBIA !!! The country, not the University, Outerwear maker or the Canadian province

Colombians get real upset about that. I go frequently between DR and CO - Huge temperature difference! 38c to 16c

YES, Residency in every country makes things a lot easier, have Official ID, no limit on stays, banking, investments, etc

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default US TAXES

US Persons fill out W-8 to declare their SSN/TIN to the bank
    Foreign Banks will not issue 1099 which is for Interest/Dividend Income

Every year must collect all the December statements and fill out FBAR, 8938, Schedule B, Schedule D, Schedule E, 5471, 8858 etc etc etc etc etc

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nekokatt View Post
    US Persons fill out W-8 to declare their SSN/TIN to the bank
    Foreign Banks will not issue 1099 which is for Interest/Dividend Income

Every year must collect all the December statements and fill out FBAR, 8938, Schedule B, Schedule D, Schedule E, 5471, 8858 etc etc etc etc etc
    Those forms are a downside of doing banking, having a corportion, and doing business in a foreign country, but are not applicable to everyone(depends on your own individual situation), and would have to be filled out even if you are not a resident.

4. Likes nekokatt liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Correction W9 for Individuals. W8 is for foreigners (non US persons) who have filing requirements due to US-source income or entities

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678