Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Africaida View Post
    Bottom line is : Aspartame, stevia, etc...tastes like sh*t. I wonder how people dont detect the awful aftertaste.

I rather have sugar, honey in moderation. Although I am trying to cut as much as possible out of my diet since there so much hidden sugar in everything.
    I thoroughly agree about the taste of aspartame. God awful.

2. Likes Africaida, John Boyter liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Not diet soda related but I didn’t want to start a new thread. DR coffee has disappeared from the grocery store and speciality stores shelves in my Canadian neck of the woods. First time I’ve seen that in 15 years. What is happening? Lack of export due to droughts, mismanagement, etc.?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ecoman1949 View Post
    Not diet soda related but I didn’t want to start a new thread. DR coffee has disappeared from the grocery store and speciality stores shelves in my Canadian neck of the woods. First time I’ve seen that in 15 years. What is happening? Lack of export due to droughts, mismanagement, etc.?
    There was a blight that destroyed many coffee plants in the DR some time ago. I suspect it takes some time to recover. I even saw a rumor that Cafe Santo Domingo might not be entirely Dominican grown beans. Some say a moderate amount of coffee is good for you. Certainly not the case with aspartame, which can bother some people, and I certainly find it to be evil. DR coffee is certainly worthy of its own thread.

5. Likes Ecoman1949 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I thoroughly agree about the taste of aspartame. God awful.
    It is a case of usta. One gets usta it. I have had regular coke put in front of me after these many years drinking diet soda and cannot stand the taste of it. I got usta the other.

7. Likes cavok liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    It is a case of usta. One gets usta it. I have had regular coke put in front of me after these many years drinking diet soda and cannot stand the taste of it. I got usta the other.
    There are certain things I cannot get usta.. Aspartame is one of them for several reasons.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    OK. I realize that only I and one other person I know should not use aspartame. It is just fine for anyone else.

The thread can be deleted.
    That would be a blessing.

10. Likes etolw liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Last year Dominican coffee in Canada were discussed in this thread, could be revived?

diet soda that kills thread should be left alone.....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    I've been addicted to Diet Coke for decades. Drink 2-3 a day. I should probably be dead by now.
    in the not too distant future your kidneys are going to stage a rebellion..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m hoping by the time I hit 100 years, there will be enough bionic technology to keep me going for another 100 years. So many women, so much to do, and so little time. Lol! Recently lost a friend who lived to 108 years old. She was still mentally acute but bed ridden in the last three months. She loved men and life. Went from the age of coal to the age of oil to present day. Amazing lady! A true role model.
    i hope i get my fathers side of genetics. he had 3 sisters, and he died at the earliest age of all, 89. one of the sisters got hit by a car at 99, on her morning walk. my paternal grandma died at 103.

those people ate everything, and were never sick a day in their lives until they keeled over. all the things that should have killed them never did. coconut oil, lard, bucketfuls of salt, and sugar, you name it. nowadays, there is a new press release in America every day about something else which is going to kill you.

i never heard of a thing called peanut allergy until i was in my forties, and i have never met anyone with it.

and what is this crap with gluten?

14. Likes Russell, Ecoman1949 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    i hope i get my fathers side of genetics. he had 3 sisters, and he died at the earliest age of all, 89. one of the sisters got hit by a car at 99, on her morning walk. my paternal grandma died at 103.

those people ate everything, and were never sick a day in their lives until they keeled over. all the things that should have killed them never did. coconut oil, lard, bucketfuls of salt, and sugar, you name it. nowadays, there is a new press release in America every day about something else which is going to kill you.

i never heard of a thing called peanut allergy until i was in my forties, and i have never met anyone with it.

and what is this crap with gluten?
    But it seems the fad with carpel tunnel syndrome has run its course. For a dozen years everybody had a brother or sister who had it, now nobody.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast