Page 13 of 120 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

What a special woman, I'm finding it impossible to string a proper sentence together. RIP Lindsay and condolences to Danillo and their sons & especially Chivirico.

2. Likes barker1964, Meemselle, anng3, Auryn liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LT_Gringo View Post
    That's the incident earlier in the year where she was beaten up at home be a thief.
    Not what this thread is about...
    I read through this, but I am confused. She said the guy who assaulted her earlier this year was Venezuelan. Was he caught and arrested? In jail or deported?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I never did meet Lindsey, but we did correspond for a while exchanging culinary experiences, recipes and kitchen tips. She always seemed so open, genuine and always cheerful. She certainly seems to have had more than her share of violent episodes and I wonder if it wasn't that openness that may have invited them in some way. We will probably never know, but may she rest in peace and may those close to her find consolation.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It can’t be true

I haven’t posted on here for quite a while but this tragic news has brought me back. Has the body now been identified? I’m still praying it’s not Lindsay.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

May she Rest in Peace. Our condolences to her family.
    J&T

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

So strange - I remember her speaking of her court translation work. I was wondering if there is any connection to someone wanting her out of the Dominican justice system, or someone she crossed during testimony ? Or perhaps to the remote area and neighbors where she lived ?
    This makes the 3rd time she was attacked - this seems like very high odds, even in the DR. Makes you think someone she was interacting with had a personal vendetta against this British citizen.
    I think her demise is not related to her cell phone alone, yet people have been murdered here for much less.
    I'm hope we will know more soon.

8. Dislikes Meemselle disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Very sad news. My deepest condolences to her family and friends.
    I pray that whoever did this gets to suffer a long and agonising death

10. Likes Harleysrock, Auryn, Caonabo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel so sad at todays news that Matilda has been taken from us all, for probably such senseless reasons that will become known in time, but not fathomable. Other than a sense of large loss for a lady that I never met (that does surprise me feeling this depth) I guess it’s because her writings were very special, with down to earth common sense, honesty, mirth, and self depreciation. On the other hand, I have a sense of complete rage and anger whereby without any hesitation whatsoever, or remorse, I could stand in front of these vermin and shoot them straight between the eyes with no regret. At this special time of the year this tragic news gives me doubts as to what faith means, how can someone as Matilda whom only exudes goodness, be made to suffer so much as she has done this year or so. Rest in Peace sweet Lady. Your writings will stay with us.

12. Likes melphis, ogunjobi123, debinatore, Auryn liked this post
    Dislikes ogunjobi123 disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    I am raging too. Our worst fears confirmed. Our lovely Lindsay.
    Do you have any ideas as to how us (DR1) as a group can be a force to insure that the authorities do the right thing? To insure that she doesn't become just another stat? We are stronger as a group voice and perhaps can get higher up the chain of command.

14. Likes Africaida, John Boyter, Derfish, JDJones liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    This country has a very nasty underbelly.
    Sadly the north Coast seems to be wearing
    the brunt of it this year.
    She didn't live on the North Coast is my understanding, but you are right there has been plenty of assaults here recently