Page 14 of 120 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johne View Post
    Do you have any ideas as to how us (DR1) as a group can be a force to insure that the authorities do the right thing? To insure that she doesn't become just another stat? We are stronger as a group voice and perhaps can get higher up the chain of command.
    I would be happy to contribute to a "reward to find the person responsible fund" but my concern is that they will just throw a random Haitian in jail and then ask for the money.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have any ideas as to how us (DR1) as a group can be a force to insure that the authorities do the right thing? To insure that she doesn't become just another stat? We are stronger as a group voice and perhaps can get higher up the chain of command.
    Voices have already gone to the top of the law enforcement chain of command. Those with power are very aware and concerned.

There will be no shenanigans or false arrests.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    She didn't live on the North Coast is my understanding, but you are right there has been plenty of assaults here recently
    I didn't realize that.
    Thank you for the correction.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    One person just doesnt keep getting attacked like this. I know some of you are friends with him but the husband needs to be thoroughly investigated. I am not saying he is responsible but the odds are in that favor. Its always the closest person to you who sets you up and someone wanted this woman dead and didnt stop until she was dead. RIP Matilda.
    I have been thinking this from the beginning. This feels strange
    Off course I don't know the area she was abducted but my neck hairs are standing up and that's not just because of the rage I'm feeling.
    She was a great woman who helped me get settled in JD and told me who to look out for.
    FUKKKKKKKKKK
    Whoever introduces the old again to recognize the new, can be a teacher to others.
    (Confucius)

5. Likes chico bill, alexw, Africaida liked this post
    Dislikes Meemselle disliked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Reminiscent of Brent's death 5 years ago. Like in that case expats, especially her close friends, should follow this case closely and hold the justice system to rooting out the perpetrators.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    One person just doesnt keep getting attacked like this. I know some of you are friends with him but the husband needs to be thoroughly investigated. I am not saying he is responsible but the odds are in that favor. Its always the closest person to you who sets you up and someone wanted this woman dead and didnt stop until she was dead. RIP Matilda.
    Over the course of 20+ years ????? Dang that is perseverance ........
    Not very tactful to point this out at this very moment....... especially since her family and friends will be going through this thread at some point, some right now even.

8. Likes Meemselle liked this post
    Dislikes Caonabo disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Voices have already gone to the top of the law enforcement chain of command. Those with power are very aware and concerned.

There will be no shenanigans or false arrests.
    Sounds good. How reliably is your information CB?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    Not very tactful to point this out at this very moment....... especially since her family and friends will be going through this thread at some point, some right now even.
    You're right and I apologize for my comments, we should not speculate.
    The rage I'm feeling got the better of me.
    Whoever introduces the old again to recognize the new, can be a teacher to others.
    (Confucius)

11. Likes malko liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good. How reliably is your information CB?
    The best there is.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

13. Likes CristoRey, Polar Bear, Auryn liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    The real world isnt Mayberry and 20+ years means absolutely nothing. I can show you literally 100s of DV cases where this has happened to spouses who have been together for this amount of time or longer. I'll leave it at that.

15. Likes bronzeallspice, Caonabo liked this post