Page 123 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1241
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by belkis View Post
    There is, perhaps, a sense of someone who didn't want to be seen as " failing" in her RD life. She was inherently a good person who tried to always see the good. I knew it was going to be me or him in my case. I too think she may have been planning on leaving. I know a number of others who have done the same. It is a different world for females out there.
    Me personally.. I had to get over the "What will everyone think when they find out I failed"... to wanting help.. There is a point of "I told you so's" ready to happen that you have to get over before you actually want help.. and then to get help..

Remember she built her world around her books and the "Good Life".. How marrying a younger Dominican man could be a great thing, etc.. That's a lot to swallow when you realize you need to get out.... Her Social media was built around Danilo.

It couldn't have been easy.. but the fact she was telling people she was worried sounds like she was almost ready to get out.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny429 View Post
    Me personally.. I had to get over the "What will everyone think when they find out I failed"... to wanting help.. There is a point of "I told you so's" ready to happen that you have to get over before you actually want help.. and then to get help..

Remember she built her world around her books and the "Good Life".. How marrying a younger Dominican man could be a great thing, etc.. That's a lot to swallow when you realize you need to get out.... Her Social media was built around Danilo.

It couldn't have been easy.. but the fact she was telling people she was worried sounds like she was almost ready to get out.
    I could have written that myself. I am sure that this was the case.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

As an outsider looking in, it's easy to speak from a clear mind.. I knew that Danilo set up the shooting... That's easier for an outsider to say who isn't being fed words from their partner. It took me to know that my ex set it up, to be out of the relationship.. I couldn't believe he had anything to do with it.. he was right there with me.. etc.. Also his reaction, etc... It isn't rocket science when you are looking from the outside.. It's different when you are in it.
    you will get no disagreement from me there. sometimes the people in the soup are so invested in it, they live in a world of denial, because reality is so detrimental. onlookers can have a more cavalier approach, because they have nothing to lose..

4. Likes JDJones, Michele Jimenez D liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    care to explain what leads you to that conclusion?
    Burying a dead body on/near the property seems like something done in semi panic mode. Why not put the body in the truck of a car and drive 50 miles so somewhere else. First place the Police will look is on/near the property.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBeachBum View Post
    You keep asserting that Lindsay had money. How do you know this? Because I can tell you that in February of 2018 back to when Danilo ran for Mayor the second time, she did not. I know this for a fact.
    I agree with you. She had to borrow money for medical bills after the February attack, that’s why the gofundme was created, so she could repay the loans, and continue treatment and testing.

They lost the JD house after the 2012 election, and only got it back about a year ago, after years of fighting in the courts. People who *really* knew her don’t need to be told about their financial situation.

Admin
    DR1.com

7. Likes keepcoming, JDJones, JDFriend, ybonabeach liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i have an approach which might sound even more sinister to some, but stimulates my thinking. most of us met Lindsay through reading her books. we met her as the woman of the accounts on those pages. she was the well to do woman who gave it all up and left her life of luxury to try her life in a developing country, hitching her star to a man who Aguiata describes as a ''bruto type''. the exertions needed to make the union work made for riveting reading, and made us all see her as an iconic person...

without Danilo, and his children, and the life in the boonies, and all the interesting episodes she related, she is just another gringa trying to live with power cuts, water shortages, and police traffic shakedowns. her persona , the one which we knew, would disappear. maybe that is why she wanted to try to hang in...she did not want to let us down.

9. Likes JDJones, Michele Jimenez D liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBeachBum View Post
    You keep asserting that Lindsay had money. How do you know this? Because I can tell you that in February of 2018 back to when Danilo ran for Mayor the second time, she did not. I know this for a fact.
    Yes, the UK article stated the campaign drained her accounts as well as Danilo draining her accounts and ultimately her life in my opinion.

Apparently she did have a nice asset in the store and land in JD. Surely she could have borrowed against it.

Who knows, maybe the property sale would have netted her much less than the purported 500K if she had already borrowed against it to finance Desague de Danilo.

11. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KyleMackey View Post
    Burying a dead body on/near the property seems like something done in semi panic mode. Why not put the body in the truck of a car and drive 50 miles so somewhere else. First place the Police will look is on/near the property.
    what leads you to the belief that these were sophisticated thinkers? this is probably the best thinking their minds could produce.

13. Likes caribmike, JDJones liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    what leads you to the belief that these were sophisticated thinkers? this is probably the best thinking their minds could produce.
    I never concluded anything, nor assumed that there is a level of sophistication to taking a body elsewhere. I said it "could" have not been planned.

15. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KyleMackey View Post
    I don't think they had a car at their disposal.

17. Likes JDJones liked this post