Page 15 of 125 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    Over the course of 20+ years ????? Dang that is perseverance ........
    Not very tactful to point this out at this very moment....... especially since her family and friends will be going through this thread at some point, some right now even.
    The real world isnt Mayberry and 20+ years means absolutely nothing. I can show you literally 100s of DV cases where this has happened to spouses who have been together for this amount of time or longer. I'll leave it at that.

2. Likes bronzeallspice, Caonabo liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank recktenwald View Post
    You're right and I apologize for my comments, we should not speculate.
    The rage I'm feeling got the better of me.
    I think we are all guilty of it. It is so shocking, out of everyone, she seemed untouchable after all she went through, it s really an horrible end.

I would like to send my sympathies to DR1 members who were close to Matilda aka Lindsay in real life Chiri, Alter Ego, Memselle, Harleysrock....I am sure I am forgetting many people.
    Last edited by Africaida; 12-12-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    The best there is.
    Thanks for CB

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadness, anger, loss...

It's still awful, but completely different to read of an innocent lady being tied up, tortured and subsequently killed in Cabarete when you have no connection to the victim. Matilda on the other hand is at least known to many of us on DR1. It hits very close to home when you know or know of the victim.

Maybe the circumstances and the motives for this crime will come to light in time, perhaps not. This after all involves a foreigner and the authorities are very sensitive to negative press coverage after the spate of bad press a few months ago and the poor teacher in Cabarete last month. Time will tell.

When the shock, outrage and grief begins to subside, I trust we can all agree that we can no longer say that we have not been touched by crime in this country even if it hasn't directly happened to us. Whether you have been here for 20 years or have just recently arrived, you cannot ever allow yourself to become complacent.

I'm going to pour myself a stiff drink, reflect on the loss to this online community, contemplate my own mortality and that of my loved ones here. At dusk, I'll light a candle in a west facing window with the hope that it will help light the way to a much better place for our friend. The DR has certainly exacted its toll from Lindsay over the years; It too will know a loss as Matilda tried to give much more back than she ever received from this place.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sent to me so don't know all the facts so let's not speculate and please stop pointing fingers. I think someone here knows Russ and can see what he has posted.

"Russ offord posted the colonel arrived but can't remove the bedsheet from the face, has to wait for the coroner to arrive"

7. Dislikes Caonabo disliked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    Yes, the phone supposedly has been found in a park in Mao and it mentions in the FB thread that two are in custody, that came from the same Russ Offord. This does not look good...

Correction Russ posted this:

"Hector told me: “2 people in custody found phone in a park in mao. Have not found her.”"
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    One person just doesnt keep getting attacked like this. I know some of you are friends with him but the husband needs to be thoroughly investigated. I am not saying he is responsible but the odds are in that favor. Its always the closest person to you who sets you up and someone wanted this woman dead and didnt stop until she was dead. RIP Matilda.
    Any news about those in custody?

Are they out?

Still detained?
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

he coronel of the Policia Nacional en Mao Valverde just confirmed personally that Lindsay de Feliz was identified as the deceased who was found in the hills of Moncion.
    I am deeply sorry that she lost her life in the country that she loved so much.
    Please light a candle for her.
    En Paz Descansa

from facebook, not my words, but somebody that is there.

10. Likes Africaida, Auryn liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DR Solar View Post
    Sent to me so don't know all the facts so let's not speculate and please stop pointing fingers. I think someone here knows Russ and can see what he has posted.

"Russ offord posted the colonel arrived but can't remove the bedsheet from the face, has to wait for the coroner to arrive"
    I know Russ.

Not sure of a 100% positive ID. Seems the hole was dug in dense forest with poor access.

Anyone know how the spot was found? Random search? A tip?

I understand the Col. on the scene is very helpful.

EDIT: Just saw bob's post. Very sad, but at least now we know for sure.

Now on to justice.

As a sidenote: usually murder charges can't be filed until there is a body. Prior to that it's a missing person's case. With a positive ID, maybe the wheels of justice will start turning.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

12. Likes Polar Bear liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beachboy View Post
    . Your writings will stay with us.
    True she left us a history of her life, which can share her memories.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johne View Post
    Do you have any ideas as to how us (DR1) as a group can be a force to insure that the authorities do the right thing? To insure that she doesn't become just another stat? We are stronger as a group voice and perhaps can get higher up the chain of command.
    Anyone with high-level contacts with DR police and legal authorities could speak to them and urge them to ensure that genuine justice is done. British citizens with contacts in the embassy can make our voices heard too.

Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

15. Likes Polar Bear liked this post