Page 39 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

As I remember, the DR changed over from the Napoleonic code to the British/US system of presumption of innocence just when I arrived in 2004. There was a lot of chatter about it - about how the DR police were going to have a hard time proving guilt.

True that they hold a lot of people pending court cases - but I believe that that happens in the US as well.

http://www.phlaw.com/imagen?file=art...nican-republic

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flyinroom View Post
    Was it not reported that Lyndsay's phone was found in a park in Mao?
    If that is true, the suggestion of some random thief or mugger would seem to be "out the window".
    It reads more like an attempt to throw people/dogs off the trail. (classic misdirection)

I did not know Lyndsay.
    I enjoyed her writing style and her positive attitude about things.
    She recently wrote in her blog about the "Worry Dolls"/Muñecas Quitapenas" that her mom had given to her on the occasion of her last visit to the U.K.. (https://guate-maya.com/munecas-quita...-to-find-them/)
    Under the present circumstances one might be tempted to think of that blog entry as a bit of a tell.
    We could probably all do with a little bag of worry dolls right about now.

At any rate...
    Lyndsay will be missed by so many, including her beloved animals.
    May she rest in peace.
    ICYMI...

The Sad, Sad Tale of the Guatamalan Worry Dolls.
    Lyndsay

https://yoursaucepans.blogspot.com/2...lan-worry.html

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badpiece33 View Post
    The DR solves a much higher percentage, They lock everyone up and sooner or later somebody spills the beans. May not be pretty but they do get the job done
    And if that doesn't work they grab the nearest Haitian and case closed.

4. Likes Squat, drstock liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mountainannie View Post
    As I remember, the DR changed over from the Napoleonic code to the British/US system of presumption of innocence just when I arrived in 2004. There was a lot of chatter about it - about how the DR police were going to have a hard time proving guilt.

True that they hold a lot of people pending court cases - but I believe that that happens in the US as well.

http://www.phlaw.com/imagen?file=art...nican-republic
    I had several friends murdered between
    1998 and 2006. All of them were committed
    by someone who was very close to them. In
    some cases they were very close to me as
    well. None of them were random. Its been
    my experience, when someone close to the
    victim is accused, the accused are (more often
    than not) guilty.

6. Likes jd426, alexw, JDJones liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badpiece33 View Post
    The police can ping (track) the cell phones of Lindsay as well as her husband and his sons. They can back track and get locations and times. How do you think they found her cell phone so easily?
    Good for you. I was trying to get caught up just to make sure no one else had stated the obvious before I posted it.

In this case, follow the phone. The phone was in Navarette, the phone was next in Mao and then phone was in Moncion. Sometime after approx 15:30 the phone made its way back to Mao - it didn't do that by itself. So who else with a cellphone of their own in their pocket left Moncion at around 15:30 going to Mao? Stepping stone #1 which leads to the rest of the conspirators.

If D did take public transportation to SD it was to establish an alibi as even the most clueless among us know the husband will be the first to be questioned. This would leave the son and possibly the the family acquaintance mentioned in some of the articles. If D didn't go to SD then the actual details will come out in the wash.

As it stands now, it's looking likely that this was a family plot. If this turns out not to be the case and D is released in the next day or two we'll have to reevaluate then. For now it looks like D and the son possibly with the aid of one other are the principles in this dastardly fiasco.

8. Likes Africaida, jd426, alexw, Saskia, JDJones liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Africaida View Post
    Everything makes sense except the bold part.

I grew up watching inspector colombo, we all have that image of hard to solve crimes, never thought anyone could be that stupid. WTF ?! might as well sign your own name !

I am sure you are right sadly.
    They must have thought that by burying her where they did the body would never be found.

I'm curious: where and when was Danilo detained?
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

10. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew Dani the son very well. And I just want to confirm that he was a lovely guy but breathtakingly stupid. So if he did the deed I can completely understand why he would have used items from the house to wrap her in and buried her 200m away without a second thought. He also worshiped his father and didn't like Lindsay much at all.

12. Likes alexw, JDJones liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

intellectually I am against the death penalty - but right now I could actually stone someone (or two) to death.

And Lindsay was not even a close friend.

But she was SO FULL OF LOVE for this country and its people!

She encouraged the rest of us through some pretty dark patches

And made us love it as well....

https://janetgivens.com/meet-lindsay...k7Rk43O4AkJJ3Q

14. Likes Africaida, melphis, JDJones, Polar Bear liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    The truth hurts? You prefer a pretty lie over the uncomfortable truth. Everything I said before we knew anything has become the truth. That beautiful woman was attacked 3 times and not once was the husband around. You dont find that to be weird? Anyways after all the new reports I find this comment to be quite strange. Enjoy your bubble.
    Bubble my azz. I'm pretty much familiar with the typical dominican psyche. If I have spoken out of turn, you will receive an apology from me.

16. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

British best-selling author Lindsay de Feliz is found strangled and buried in woods near her Dominican Republic home as 'several people' including her husband are arrested
    Lindsay de Feliz was reportedly found strangled and buried in woods in Moncoin
    Her husband, 50, and others have been arrested in connection with her murder
    Mrs de Feliz was previously shot in Dominican Republic in a robbery in 2006
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...near-home.html
    Whoever introduces the old again to recognize the new, can be a teacher to others.
    (Confucius)

18. Likes JDJones liked this post
Page 39 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast