Page 89 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Since emotions are running so high, we’ve given a lot of leeway to posters in this thread.

We realize that for those who knew Lindsay well, talking about her helps with the healing process. Those who knew her really well are bothered by the petty bickering. So many vying for the “I knew her best” or “I know more about her life than any of you do” title. As for myself, I see so much misinformation presented as fact, by the press and by posters, and to say it’s aggravating is an understatement.

It’s telling that her closest friends, the people she told her secrets to and who spoke to her almost daily and certainly weekly, have been largely quiet. Think about that. Consider emulating them a bit. They’re passing on information to the attorney Lindsay’s family has hired, working behind the scenes for justice.

Little by little the facts will come out. Not as fast as we’d like, but they’re coming. Just for the record, I’d be one of the first to volunteer to be part of a firing squad.
    Exactly. Misinformation, speculations, newspaper reports completely out of wack, reporting as facts what are not. That's what I was trying to say 4 days ago.. but nothing seem to stop "bocas sucias" who just talk and repeat the sh%#& they read. Hopefully the truth will come out from the lawyer's investigation. Enough is enough. I for one, totally respect Lindsay, and so I'm out.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

2. Likes waytogo, dulce, JDJones, debinatore liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Normal people don't intentionally flash their weapon.

Normal people don't want anyone to know they carry.

In my case it was done for show.
    He wasn't really normal, was he?
    Whoever introduces the old again to recognize the new, can be a teacher to others.
    (Confucius)

4. Likes JDJones, Caonabo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Since emotions are running so high, we’ve given a lot of leeway to posters in this thread.

We realize that for those who knew Lindsay well, talking about her helps with the healing process. Those who knew her really well are bothered by the petty bickering. So many vying for the “I knew her best” or “I know more about her life than any of you do” title. As for myself, I see so much misinformation presented as fact, by the press and by posters, and to say it’s aggravating is an understatement.

It’s telling that her closest friends, the people she told her secrets to and who spoke to her almost daily and certainly weekly, have been largely quiet. Think about that. Consider emulating them a bit. They’re passing on information to the attorney Lindsay’s family has hired, working behind the scenes for justice.

Little by little the facts will come out. Not as fast as we’d like, but they’re coming. Just for the record, I’d be one of the first to volunteer to be part of a firing squad.
    The best way to inject rationality would for someone who knows to separate fact from fiction from opinion from personal observation.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

6. Likes JDJones, Caonabo, mountainannie liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
    So, you've sunk to attacking the messenger/ personal insults? Pathetic

You've often posted about your love for drinking to excess. I on the other hand…."not so much"

You're allegedly a musician so you must recognize the low quality of that amusing little piece of satire. It's poorly written and performed and if I saw the mastermind behind it performing in a bar or restaurant I'd leave so not to be subjected to his whining lol

uncle....I'd expect nothing more from you. Thanks for the love bubbi

AnnaC, a form mod, shame on you

Alex, Alex, Alex
    Why do you seem to want to come across like you do when you post like this?

8. Likes Tamborista, El Rey de Mangu, drloca liked this post
    Dislikes Polar Bear disliked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Milo Mitt View Post
    Why do you seem to want to come across like you do when you post like this?
    It's a disease, that was recently cured by removal of the infected organ.
    I apologize to all of Matildas friends for antagonizing the troll.

10. Likes El Rey de Mangu, drloca liked this post
    Dislikes Polar Bear disliked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    The best way to inject rationality would for someone who knows to separate fact from fiction from opinion from personal observation.
    That is fairly straight forward.

We know the our friend was murdered.
    We know that many people aided in the search for her when she was unaccounted for.
    We can be fairly certain that she was subjected to physical contact that resulted in her death.
    We know that 3 family members and 1 acquaintance have been charged with this crime.
    We know that some event occurred in Feb. 2019 that left our friend with lasting injuries and deficits.
    We can be sure that some posters have contributed factual information as they know it.

We know that the bulk of postings here are nothing more than innuendo and speculation presented to provide reason to a tragedy.
    Most readers can tell the difference between verified fact and anything else using common sense and understanding that journalism standards and accuracy in this country are "not a thing."

We do not know if some, or all of the various media reports are completely accurate.
    We do not know if anything posted on this forum is completely accurate.
    We do not yet know the veracity of many of the details pertaining to this crime and the life of our friend.

We struggle daily to understand and fill the new hole in our lives with meaning. Which means we talk and discuss among ourselves. We speculate and sometimes overreach, but not with the intent to deceive or be disrespectful. These discussions are for the benefit of those who wish to unburden themselves through community when we can't gather in person to grieve. Participation is voluntary and any benefit from doing so is not guaranteed. The character of the participants eventually reveals itself and they alone have to live with that. Family and the closest of friends are the most likely to take umbrage as their memories and feelings are the most raw. This is understandable and anticipated by all.

Talking helps. We have a long road to travel before securing closure in this case. Together we can make this journey a bit easier for each other or we can squabble for the moral high-ground or attack each other to offset our pain. I think everyone should be able to make the journey without deviating too far to either side of that line denoting civility, compassion and the understanding that different people are experiencing very different emotional effects.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

He got away with prior bad behavior and was likely emboldened to continue, thinking now that he was an attorney he could manipulate the legal system so he planned (not very well) and acted, thumbing his nose at the same judicial system he pledged to faithfully represent.
    It probably is good for him Lindsey's friends won't be part of any jury hearing his case because vengeance would be served very cold.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

RIP Lindsay. Just read about this from a link on Facebook. Very sad.

14. Likes dulce liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
    Who are you/we to judge that. I'd respectfully submit that no one here is qualified.
    I am qualified to judge that you are being a bit of a jerk.

16. Dislikes Polar Bear disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been reading her blog again. I’ve also checked out various Facebook pages. So weird to see Alberto and Danilo Jr and smiling Danilo always posing those arms. So many of the blog pictures look so different now. Reading the blog and seeing the picture of her Canadian friend who was jogging with Danilo. So weird.

Page 89 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast