Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where To Buy An Inexpensive Gas BBQ in Sosua/Cabarete

Hey All,

I'm looking to buy a gas bbq anywhere in Sosua or Cabarete. I don't mind if it's lightly used as long it works good. I also don't mind buying new. I just don't want to spend more than 6000 RD on a new BBQ. Is that even possible? I did a search but couldn't find anything.

All your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

THX,

DS

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

On the main highway in Sosua, almost across from Super Playero I think I saw grills there. I believe it's an appliance place - the store has a large glass front. Cant help you on pricing tho.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

No such thing as a cheap BBQ here just cheap BBQs. In Sosua across from Playero, in Cabarete at Luneres (sp) hardware store, in Sosua abajo on the main street,
    Better quality at the resturante store in Puerto Plata just after the court house on the Left (where Alph's is).
    In Santiago at price mart good quality as well.
    All will be $$$$ figure at least 50%more then you would spend in the US

Bob K

4. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

In regards to a gas grill, I have checked out so many places here in Santiago and have come up with nothing in a decent price range. There really isn't even that great of a selection, as I kept running into the same small model that was WAY overpriced. I am willing to suck it up and pay more for imports but these prices were outrageous.

If you find anything on the coast, please let me know!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sharing my own research

Hi all,

A couple of months ago I did my own research on BBQ.
    Compared to the US, prices are of course ridiculous. After you digest the shocking truth, you then realize you don't have much choice but to look what is available in the area. Here are the places where I found something:
    - Linares (Cabarete): they had one for around 15k$, not so great but big enough.
    - Ferreteria Luciano (Sosua) had a small gaz one (brand CharBroil) for 8k$ (without the gaz tank)
    - Corripio (Puerto Plata or Santiago) had only one big and quiet expensive.
    - PriceSmart (Santiago) only had 2 models, not known brands and not that cheap.
    - Ochoa (Santiago) had a few ones from Charbroil, nothing for less than 15k$
    - Jumbo (Santiago) had at least 5 decent BBQ, nothing cheap as far as I remember.
    - La Sirena in Puerto Plata had 3 when I went. A cheap one (not very solid) and 2 big ones over 20k$.

So after all that Product Research, I ended up going to Santo Domingo to check out what was there. A couple in La Americana, others in Cuesta and more importantly few ones in La Sirena.
    I chose to buy one in La Sirena for 12k$ (only worth about 9k$ in the US). Here is the model: Char-Broil | Grills / Cookers / Fireplaces | Gas Grills & Cookers | Three-Burner Gas Grill with Sideburner

So if you are still looking, this list could be your starting point.

David

PS: It is of course worth it to have a nice BBQ to use weekly.

7. Likes ctrob liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

my friend searched high and low.

he ended up spending $300 us for his.

and he did not want anything fancy. he wanted a simple cheap gas grill.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Plancha/Griddle

Hi.

I do not have BBQs but I do have planchas or Griddles as they are called. They are LPG (propane gas) and can be used inside or outside. These units are for residential use Made of Stainless Steel with 2 burners, they offer great value for the quality. They are for sale at $10,000.00 pesos and include delivery in Puerto Plata, Sosua and Cabarete.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I gave up on buying one. I had one built that is a copy of the grill at Ali's Surf Camp. Cost less than buying one of the pieces of garbage they sell here for several hundred dollars. Works great and any part that corrodes over time I can easily replace.

The other option is to use a freight forwarder to bring a good one in from the US, but beware of rapid corrosion.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre malouin View Post
    Hi.

I do not have BBQs but I do have planchas or Griddles as they are called. They are LPG (propane gas) and can be used inside or outside. These units are for residential use Made of Stainless Steel with 2 burners, they offer great value for the quality. They are for sale at $10,000.00 pesos and include delivery in Puerto Plata, Sosua and Cabarete.
    Can you post a picture or link to what those burners look like? Perhaps they could be the "heart" of a custom BBQ like I had made.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Winde, is yours charcoal or gas? I'd like a new cheap BBQ. Rough Idea of cost? Picture of yours?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast