Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Frontier Airlines - $84 from US to DR

Next year Frontier Airlines will begin to offer flights from Newark Intl to Santiago. To celebrate this they are offering one way flights starting at $84. I couldn't believe it, but when I entered in their website (flyfrontier.com) and put a flight from Newark to Santiago, there it was. As expected, flights from Santiago to Newark are more expensive, but still dirt cheap.

I'm not familiar with Frontier, except seeing many of their airplanes at several airports in the US. But my goodness, that is such a good deal.

One of many reviews of customers of Frontier.

Polls Forum Moderator

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post
    Next year Frontier Airlines will begin to offer flights from Newark Intl to Santiago. To celebrate this they are offering one way flights starting at $84. I couldn't believe it, but when I entered in their website (flyfrontier.com) and put a flight from Newark to Santiago, there it was. As expected, flights from Santiago to Newark are more expensive, but still dirt cheap.

I'm not familiar with Frontier, except seeing many of their airplanes at several airports in the US. But my goodness, that is such a good deal.

One of many reviews of customers of Frontier.
    NALs.
    Will they fly from Miami?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't see any flight's other than nj

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by irsav View Post
    NALs.
    Will they fly from Miami?
    https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/bus...238488088.html

Eventually Orlando too

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ogunjobi123 View Post
    Don't see any flight's other than nj
    EWR-SDQ March 10
    MIA-SDQ April 23
    SJU-SDQ April 23
    EWR-STI May

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Our daughter is a Disney junkie, flies to Orlando about 3-4 times a year. She tried Frontier a couple of times when they had great sales, but says they’re a step down from Spirit. That should tell you a lot.

Admin
    DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Our daughter is a Disney junkie, flies to Orlando about 3-4 times a year. She tried Frontier a couple of times when they had great sales, but says they’re a step down from Spirit. That should tell you a lot.
    To fly with low cost airline you must be mentaly prepared, never think you will fly as Emirates, first thing to keep in mind is number 1 try to go light with the weight as much as you can, 2nd. check what things they will be charging as extra $$ and 3rd check what things you can do online to skip extra pay.

For example Wingo has 3 flights per week into SDQ, and part of their politics are if you dont to webchecking they will charge you 15.00 at the counter, if you do not print your boarding pass then they will add 5.00 more, carry on is free but extra suitcase they will charge you 50.00 each way.

If you plan on time and check everything you will be fine if you keep in your mind that is low cost airline.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    To fly with low cost airline you must be mentaly prepared, never think you will fly as Emirates, first thing to keep in mind is number 1 try to go light with the weight as much as you can, 2nd. check what things they will be charging as extra $$ and 3rd check what things you can do online to skip extra pay.

For example Wingo has 3 flights per week into SDQ, and part of their politics are if you dont to webchecking they will charge you 15.00 at the counter, if you do not print your boarding pass then they will add 5.00 more, carry on is free but extra suitcase they will charge you 50.00 each way.

If you plan on time and check everything you will be fine if you keep in your mind that is low cost airline.
    She flies Spirit all the time, they are the main airline out of Atlantic City, so she knows all about that. Frontier stranded her twice, canceled flight, offered no alternative or compensation, she had to find her own way home.

Admin
    DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Will not be surprised to see Allegiant and Frontier become more active flying into DR.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    She flies Spirit all the time, they are the main airline out of Atlantic City, so she knows all about that. Frontier stranded her twice, canceled flight, offered no alternative or compensation, she had to find her own way home.
    Yes, those are all the risk when you select low cost airlines.