Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: LNG in the DR

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

England had hundreds of years of ship building experience. One day in part due to construction practices and in part to operational management, the titanic hit an iceberg and sank.

15 years of operation is but a blink of an eye in any sort of industrial time frame and shouldn't be used to predict what will necessarily happen tomorrow or next week. I don't know enough about how the current gas handling infrastructure is run or maintained to comment in specifics. The fact that there hasn't been an accident yet is not really all that laudable. If there had been a near miss or two over the years, would the public have been told about it?

Nothing I can do about any of this, so I just have to hope for the best and ensure that I don't live anywhere near this type of project. The DR will be fine or they won't all on their own. All I can do is rearrange the tea leaves from time to time to see if I get a different impression.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etolw View Post
    By completing 15 years of operations, the AES Andrés LNG terminal received shipment 200 earlier this year»

This fuel represents savings of 300 million dollars annually for the Dominican Republic, due to the replacement of petroleum-derived fuels, in addition to the direct positive impact on the environment with the reduction of 1,100,000 tons of CO2 emissions per year.

But there might be fewer LNG trucks on the road close to you, maybe. I think that would be a good thing.
    AES Andrés terminal has been operating over 15 years, but DR has no experience with LNG according to what I read here??
    I suspect none of those shipments went anywhere near me. If those trucks did, they are less dangerous than the propane trucks that do go everywhere in the DR and propane is what I use to cook with. However, this topic is not about trucks, it is about a pipeline. Building and maintaining a pipeline without problems.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I suspect none of those shipments went anywhere near me. If those trucks did, they are less dangerous than the propane trucks that do go everywhere in the DR and propane is what I use to cook with. However, this topic is not about trucks, it is about a pipeline. Building and maintaining a pipeline without problems.
    Then look to post #44 for a reasonable answer

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

More LNG projects planned

Dominican Republic power regulator SIE has approved the launch of an international public tender to supply up to 1,000MW from new combined cycle natural gas-fired projects.

State power holding company CDEEE and distributors Edenorte, Edesur and EdeEste are now authorized to publish bidding rules for the call which will be divided into one block for 700MW and another for 300MW, according to a SIE resolution.

Grid operator OC’s latest long-term outlook forecasts that 1,500MW of new gas-fired generation will come online this decade.

https://www.bnamericas.com/en/news/d...000mw-gas-call

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I am all for more power plants of any kind as long as they are not near me. Maybe someday the power will actually be on all the time.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567