Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BanReserva And Customer Service Sucks!!!

I dont know if anyone here have tried contacting "BanReserva" through their message and email but I Have sent a couple in regards of closing my CD account down and have yet to receive any response. Anyone else has or had this issue? Poor customer service.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPhil View Post
    I dont know if anyone here have tried contacting "BanReserva" through their message and email but I Have sent a couple in regards of closing my CD account down and have yet to receive any response. Anyone else has or had this issue? Poor customer service.
    BanReserva is a horrendous attempt at being a service provider. i had to buy a bankers check to renew my passport, and i was erroneously told by the people at my bank, Banco Popular, that i had to get it there. when i got there i saw two lines, which almost went out the door. i specifically went to the head of the line to ask one of the bank personnel which line i had to join to buy the check. she pointed to the one on the left, and i waited my turn for close to 20 minutes. when i got to the teller, she promptly told me i should have been in the other queue. i explained that i was instructed to be in her line, and asked her if i could get special dispensation to join the proper line at the front, since i had waited in the wrong line because of a detrimental reliance on their instruction. they informed me that i had to join the right line at the back, and wait again.

3. Likes JDJones, AtomicPhil liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you join the other line?

Did this conversation take place in Spanish?

I've had an account with them for more than 10 years and while I may have to wait it's always in a chair., with one of their espressos and in the good old days an ashtray lol

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    Did you join the other line?

Did this conversation take place in Spanish?

I've had an account with them for more than 10 years and while I may have to wait it's always in a chair., with one of their espressos and in the good old days an ashtray lol
    no...i did not join the other line. i got my buddy to get it for me..

and yes, the conversation took place in spanish..

6. Likes House liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind, BanReservas is the "government" bank. Just another example of how well governments do when they run businesses.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't complain about BanReservas...... probably the one and only bank i set foot in, in this country ( to buy impuestos for whatever government related thing i need to do ).
    The trick is to not use BanReservas in big towns. Typically if i need an impuesto i'll buy somewhere in the countryside, and then go say to the government office in santiago or SD.
    Easy peasy, in and out in 5 to 10mn max.

As i always say, you have to be half crazy to.want anything to do with a commercial bank in this country.......save yourself the aggro and send yourself cash from abroad, use foreign credit/debit cards, prepaid cards, etc.........

9. Likes windeguy, Fulano2 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

malko is correct. Hint. The quickest BanRervas is in Playa Dorada on the way to Puerto Plata from Sosua.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

BanReservas insurance is great. Their banks are another story.

12. Likes caribmike liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, my first car was financed by them and I had their insurance. Really good. Payments I made online, BR has the longest lines on the island, I tried everything to avoid them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    Yes, my first car was financed by them and I had their insurance. Really good. Payments I made online, BR has the longest lines on the island, I tried everything to avoid them.
    i went to the one in Jumbo La Vega yesterday, to help a guy to pay for a car. 2 hours in the line..lunchtime, with all the tellers chowing down..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast