Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whirleybird View Post
    I think I should be feeling a bit better by now but I don't!
    It is still very fresh. You were a very close friend with her.
    The circumstances makes it even more difficult.
    May the good memories flood your mind to help ease your pain.

2. Likes whirleybird, House, keepcoming, Lucifer liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Feeling so sad!

Quote Originally Posted by dulce View Post
    It is still very fresh. You were a very close friend with her.
    The circumstances makes it even more difficult.
    May the good memories flood your mind to help ease your pain.
    It's even worse than my son's death in an accident in 2007 or Charlie's passing in 2010 (would be his birthday today)

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Lindsay decided she didn't want a cautious, structured life like most of us strive for. She succeeded in spades. She was so ready, willing and able to help people without wanting anything back. A truly wonderful person. She made a difference!

5. Likes whirleybird, Lucifer liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Whirley, there is almost nothing harder that unexpectedly losing someone you have such a great connection to. It's casi unbearable...but eventually....in a year...or more, it gets better.....but NEVER leaves. Savor the pain as it keeps the connection alive.

7. Likes whirleybird liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    Whirley, there is almost nothing harder that unexpectedly losing someone you have such a great connection to. It's casi unbearable...but eventually....in a year...or more, it gets better.....but NEVER leaves. Savor the pain as it keeps the connection alive.
    No, it doesn't really in my experience. I lost my son in 2007 and my husband in 2010 and now Lindsay - can it get any worse?

9. Likes House liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The reality is that should we be blessed to have a long life, we're going to lose people. Some "naturally" and more or less expected and some unexpectedly. Of course depending upon your perspective it "could" get worse" but personally I choose to look at it differently. My advice, were I to be presumptuous and offer some, would be to "take the high road", remain optimistic and fu*king REFUSE to let it destroy me. That's what I do and everyone has to cope their own way. I've lost a ton of people and this is just how I survive.

11. Likes whirleybird liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Lindsay was full of life, you can tell just by reading her blog, posts, etc... While tragic her passing, I think she would want everyone to celebrate her life, the life she chose to live.

13. Likes whirleybird, dulce, debinatore, Lucifer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whirleybird View Post
    No, it doesn't really in my experience. I lost my son in 2007 and my husband in 2010 and now Lindsay - can it get any worse?
    Whirleybird, I wish I could give you a big warm loving hug from far away. I’m so sorry.
    Life is so hard on so many of us, yet it’s so difficult to really help each other when that kind of pain strikes, that when you luckily find someone you can deeply relate to, their sudden absence leaves a void so huge that it really becomes unbearable.
    Don’t give up though. Lindsay wouldn’t want you to. All my love and energy, even if, I know, it isn’t much.

15. Likes whirleybird, Lucifer liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I met Lindsey before I even came to the DR via DR1. She was the first expat I met as I arrived in Juan Dolio. I lived a couple of blocks from where I was staying. She invited me over a couple of days after my arrival and so she helped me so much. She was very kind and I was invited to eat with her and Danillo 3 or 4 times a week. She told me of her life way before she published "what about your saucepans" and over the years we became very good friends. I also had the chance to meet her mom who was visiting her. I followed the tumultuous years when Danillo was running for mayor and her absolute support for his cause. I am glad I met her and feel very sad of these tragic developments. She had a good heart and would support her husband in everything. May she rest in peace.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I met Lindsay several rears back while she was running the colmado in Juan Dolio. She offered to get me a deal on a large quantity of coffee and in return I brought her some items from a British food shop near my home in Massachusetts. She gave me a list and I was able to get everything she requested. She was absolutely thrilled to get some "Branston Pickle". I had no idea what it was but it made her very, very happy.
    She was so always pleasant and helpful. I will always remember her that way. She made the world a brighter place.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123