Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KyleMackey View Post
    Taxi about $30.00 USA. I don't think Uber is active in the area. Open the app on your phone and test it if you are there now.
    Guagua bus might get you within walking distance to the airport if you don't have much luggage (obviously very cheap).
    On the cheap, get to Cruce de Veron (by motoconcho or public transport) and take Sitrabapu bus to the airport. That's as cheap as it can get. The bus will leave you at the entrance to the old terminal, on the main road, you will need to walk 3 minutes (more if you are departing from the new terminal).

2. Likes KyleMackey liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

There are guaguas to the airport. Ppl who work there need transportation too. I think I paid 200 from Otra Banda, which is 20 miules farther.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    On the cheap, get to Cruce de Veron (by motoconcho or public transport) and take Sitrabapu bus to the airport. That's as cheap as it can get. The bus will leave you at the entrance to the old terminal, on the main road, you will need to walk 3 minutes (more if you are departing from the new terminal).
    Is there a public bus route map for Bavaro and to Airport?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

You can prob get a timetable at Bávaro station or ask. Dominicans do not use maps!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterInHigüey View Post
    There are guaguas to the airport. Ppl who work there need transportation too. I think I paid 200 from Otra Banda, which is 20 miules farther.
    My personal formula for guaguas (totally from personal experience - no formal study) is about 150pesos an hour

Shorter trips... 35-50 pesos

7. Likes malko liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

...The last thing I sold before I moved here was my almost new black Harley Davidson motorcycle..I have always had a motorcycle from the time I was 14 years old...Just me, but I live in Santiago, and would never drive one here. I even raced them years ago, to many close calls, my number was up years ago..for transportation in the DR don't consider a motoconcho….Doc....

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know the status of Uber coming to Punta Cana? I am very surprised it isn't in place.

Post Thanks / Like

No Uber in the Punta Cana area yet.

Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12