Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

after 5 years of temp residency we just applied for our first permanent. we were told by our lawyer it will take a long time , not sure why ! what bothers me is we had to turn in our temp card and cedula, so now with no id other than driver license......So far the bank took that as id but if it takes months ???????

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just arrived with a 60 Day Temporary VISA under Category ''RS'' .... I have qualified under the Pensions Application.
    However I have no idea where to go to continue the process of Residency next week.
    Any suggestions?

Russell

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    No, he qualified to apply for permanent residency.
    I have never heard of anyone qualifying for Residencia Permanente without going through the process of Residencia Temporal. How did that happen? First I have heard of anyone in that "category".

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    I have just arrived with a 60 Day Temporary VISA under Category ''RS'' .... I have qualified under the Pensions Application.
    However I have no idea where to go to continue the process of Residency next week.
    Any suggestions?

Russell
    I would start with the Migracion Department in Santo Domingo.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I have never heard of anyone qualifying for Residencia Permanente without going through the process of Residencia Temporal. How did that happen? First I have heard of anyone in that "category".
    I do, it can be done, the person's I know did it in Rentista category.

6. Likes windeguy liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    You just need to be a retiree with a pension over a certain amount - can't remember how much(?). I remember seeing it on the DGM website somewhere. I'll try to find it.

8. Likes windeguy liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by janlindy View Post
    after 5 years of temp residency we just applied for our first permanent. we were told by our lawyer it will take a long time , not sure why ! what bothers me is we had to turn in our temp card and cedula, so now with no id other than driver license......So far the bank took that as id but if it takes months ???????
    Last year it took me 5 months with a lawyer known well by many here. She took a good care of the case and I had a copy of the filed paperwork. I know I still had cédula (not sure why you would turn in cédula as migración only wants to see it but does not keep it) and I was banking those 5 months with expired cédula and the copy of filed paperwork (sheet stamped by DGM). Never had problem this way, it was in BHD and in Santa Cruz.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand things have changed regarding getting Residencia Permanente right off the bat, as we say in the USA. As usual, money talks.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The rentista and Pension categories have always been that way, I think

One of our esteemed members came in that way.... many perhaps did

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    The rentista and Pension categories have always been that way, I think

One of our esteemed members came in that way.... many perhaps did
    Probably so, I just never investigated that method since I did it so long ago. It is certainly a better way to go if possible.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast